Technical Difficulties Thread

Thanks again for the help!

I downloaded one of those paper alignment protractors... perhaps they are shit... I'll buy the $10 one on Amazon. But for shits and giggles, what exactly am I checking here? From what I read - and from watching the video you shared - things look ok to me.

See photos here that I took while checking
The cart looks a wee bit twisted toward the spindle.

Smack dab in the middle, when you purchase your protractor get a mirrored one, it makes it easier to see the stylus tip.
Mirrored protractor is on order. But I checked again with better lighting, and I wish I saw a noticeable issue here, but I just don't.

Maybe I'm missing something. Two new pictures taken today - one from each location...

Smack dab in the middle, when you purchase your protractor get a mirrored one, it makes it easier to see the stylus tip.

Mirrored protractor is on order. But I checked again with better lighting, and I wish I saw a noticeable issue here, but I just don't.

Maybe I'm missing something. Two new pictures taken today - one from each location...
Did you do any adjusting since your last pics? I ask because this looks dead on now......it might be placed a smidge off, but it would hit the cross hairs. The last set did look more drastically off than these, maybe the angle and light?

Nope. I haven't done anything at all.
Did you do any adjusting since your last pics? I ask because this looks dead on now......it might be placed a smidge off, but it would hit the cross hairs. The last set did look more drastically off than these, maybe the angle and light?

Reposted from another thread:

With the Debut Carbon, you have multiple possibilities:

1. Make sure your tracking force is set at 1.8 grams.

2. Make sure your anti skate is set correctly. The loop should hang from the center notch.

3. Make sure your turntable is level.

4. Double check your alignment. 1mm off can cause problems. Align to Stevenson. Your arm has an 8.6” effective length which prohibits using other alignments.

5. Make sure your Azumuth is set correctly. This is on page 5 of your owner’s manual at the bottom of the page. The cartridge should sit evenly when viewed from the front. It shouldn’t tilt towards one side or the other. You can use a mirror or a CD/DVD to make this easier to see. Look at the reflection. Or you can use a small bubble level on top of the headshell.

I’m guessing the alignment and azimuth are both going to be off. But check all of the steps.
Ok, so I need to check azimuth. But let's just say that that checks out ok... Could it be something electrical with cables or preamp?

I also just thought about EQ settings on the receiver. I typically leave it on "enhancer" and "bass boost."

🤷🏻‍♂️

I think it still needs to be twisted outward just a smidge.

I think it still needs to be twisted outward just a smidge.
I see what you see as well, but I think it's just placement and not alignment........it just needs to be picked up and moved over. Just how I'm seeing it of course................... @Joe Mac , I have to break out my glasses and a magnifying glass at times when I'm mounting a new cart ;)

I see what you see as well, but I think it's just placement and not alignment........it just needs to be picked up and moved over. Just how I'm seeing it of course................... @Joe Mac , I have to break out my glasses and a magnifying glass at times when I'm mounting a new cart ;)

Hahaha! I have one really dodgy eye so depth perception isn’t a strength lol!

Back