Talking U2 with you too.

Was at the Beacon Theatre yesterday for the taping of Bono's SoS show. They have not disclosed exactly how it's going to be released, but I did hear rumblings that it's for a streaming service (maybe AppleTV or Disney+)

Apparently Monday night's show was filmed, and yesterday they filmed parts of the show, specific songs, dialog and audience reaction.
It was a LONG day. General admission seating, so the die hards were out and queuing early. I was a plus one and met my group of friends at about 10am (they had gotten there about an hour earlier) We ended up in excellent left orchestra seats, row B (6th row).

Taping started at around 2:30ish and ran until 6:30. Lots of down time, the first part was about one hour, and they encouraged the crowd to stick around for the second round, which was much of the same material, just shot from different angles. The audience reaction shot part was very brief, maybe only 5 minutes worth.

There were times when Bono was dissatisfied with his performance, and asked to do it over, but it is evident that he has this show down pat. (teleprompter notwithstanding) A truly consummate professional, it was a treat to see Bono "the actor" taking his direction and hitting his marks, rather than the frontman we are all so used to seeing perform live.

The crowd was mostly U2 fan club members and for good reason - we know what to do, when to sing and know all the lyrics. I think we saw three renditions of Desire. Only highlights were filmed, this was not the entire show and the backdrops were not used. The crowd was super enthusiastic (even during down time) and we sang Happy Birthday to him once while he was backstage to encourage him to hurry up and get back out as well as again towards the end of the session. He seemed genuinely touched and appreciative, with that huge Bono smile plastered on his face.

After Jacknife Lee confirmed that they got all the footage they needed, Bono did sing the opera song in Italian (I don't know the title) to end the day and after 4+ hours of talking and singing, his voice sounded perfect - absolutely brilliant.

It was strange seeing bits and pieces performed out of order, some repeated more than others, but it was an incredible experience as a long time U2 fan, worth having our phones and smart watches locked up for 6 hours and having nothing to eat!

Did anyone else put in for the latest round of tickets for the Sphere? I was going to hold off but had a few drinks this weekend and put in for a few dates - I ended up with a pair of tickets for Friday, Dec 1.

So I have 300 level seats for Oct 5, and GA for Dec 1. I think that will be it. (famous last words)

U2 dot com is broadcasting ZooTv live from Sydney multiple times today. The first broadcast started about 15 mins ago. Sadly, it has not been remastered - it's the same quality video that they released on DVD. :cry:

U2 dot com is broadcasting ZooTv live from Sydney multiple times today. The first broadcast started about 15 mins ago. Sadly, it has not been remastered - it's the same quality video that they released on DVD. :cry:

I saw that. That's kind of disappointing about the quality but I guess it's what I expected. Love this show!

I saw that. That's kind of disappointing about the quality but I guess it's what I expected. Love this show!
I do, too! I still have the VHS of the PPV - which includes TTTYAATW - which was not included in this release. I really do need to digitize that - if it isn't completely deteriorated by now.

Looks like Ticketmaster has opened up face value resale of tickets for the Sphere- I just posted a pair of GA's for Dec 1 if anyone is looking!

Edit - mine sold quick but keep your eyes open on TM as many listings are appearing!

Last edited:
Curious if anyone going to Vegas is going to make a trip to the tree while out that way?

im trying to figure out what to do for a day In Vegas. I’m thinking a trip to Death Valley or Valley of Fire…

Well, we dove in and grabbed a couple for the Oct. 8th show with some friends. We were going to be there anyway that weekend, so thought we needed to do this. Wanted to get into the Sphere to check it out anyway, this should be amazing!

Well, we dove in and grabbed a couple for the Oct. 8th show with some friends. We were going to be there anyway that weekend, so thought we needed to do this. Wanted to get into the Sphere to check it out anyway, this should be amazing!
Nice! I'll warm it up for you on Oct 5

To all of you going - have the best time! Achtung Baby is my very fave album ever, so I'm really suffering from FOMO right now. But, based on the videos from interviews I've seen, I honestly don't think I could get through the show due to my motion sickness :(

Was just talking with a friend about it and he sent me this video (I'll put it behind spoiler tags)

Based on the screens on the ceiling and wrapping all the way around, I would 99.99999% become nauseous

To all of you going - have the best time! Achtung Baby is my very fave album ever, so I'm really suffering from FOMO right now. But, based on the videos from interviews I've seen, I honestly don't think I could get through the show due to my motion sickness :(

Was just talking with a friend about it and he sent me this video (I'll put it behind spoiler tags)

Based on the screens on the ceiling and wrapping all the way around, I would 99.99999% become nauseous

Oct. 27.

I just watched this and it was really good. I can't wait!

I do have a very bad fear of heights so I'm hoping that doesn't kick in (in either the seating area or concourse).

Last edited:
Back