Talking U2 with you too.

These guys are like 2-3 concert films behind that they have produced and not released.
True, but so far the only tour that we haven't gotten a single official release from is the 2017 Joshua Tree tour. All of the others at least have had at least one show releases.

The Sphere holds over 17k. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that these shows aren’t going to sell out. I know it’s a shiny new toy, but this city is picky. I have no idea how well Adele’s residency is doing.
I also don’t know how this site works for you out of state folks, but there’s a company called HouseSeats and you pay an annual fee and they offer up free tickets a day or two, maybe even further out, before the show. Something to consider.

The Sphere holds over 17k. I’m going to go out on a limb and say that these shows aren’t going to sell out. I know it’s a shiny new toy, but this city is picky. I have no idea how well Adele’s residency is doing.
I also don’t know how this site works for you out of state folks, but there’s a company called HouseSeats and you pay an annual fee and they offer up free tickets a day or two, maybe even further out, before the show. Something to consider.
I've been discussing this with some other die hard U2 fan friends and we all think this is likely. Based on posts I've seen on social media, a lot of fans are very upset that Larry won't be there and say they won't attend. Will see if they stick to that.

Achtung Baby is my fave album, ZooTv is my all time fave tour by any band, so I've been waiting for this to happen for years. Just never expected it would be without Larry. My guess is if these tix aren't going to priced as high as I expect they will be, FOMO will get the better of me and I'll make the pilgrimage out there for a show.

I honestly can't wait to see the price points for tickets (my guess is minimum $275 - $350 for GA and some seats will go for well over $1500) A Vegas friend of mine through another band has often told me that he gets comped tickets for pretty much every show he wants. I'll have to ask him if it's through HouseSeats or a different way and also if he can help hook me up. I fear it's going to be very ugly and expensive.

I've been discussing this with some other die hard U2 fan friends and we all think this is likely. Based on posts I've seen on social media, a lot of fans are very upset that Larry won't be there and say they won't attend. Will see if they stick to that.

Achtung Baby is my fave album, ZooTv is my all time fave tour by any band, so I've been waiting for this to happen for years. Just never expected it would be without Larry. My guess is if these tix aren't going to priced as high as I expect they will be, FOMO will get the better of me and I'll make the pilgrimage out there for a show.

I honestly can't wait to see the price points for tickets (my guess is minimum $275 - $350 for GA and some seats will go for well over $1500) A Vegas friend of mine through another band has often told me that he gets comped tickets for pretty much every show he wants. I'll have to ask him if it's through HouseSeats or a different way and also if he can help hook me up. I fear it's going to be very ugly and expensive.

My first time seeing them was on the Zoo Tv tour. It was in Tampa with Big Audio Dynamite II & Public Enemy. The next time was here when they kicked off the Pop Mart tour. I was bummed that the Joshua Tree tour didn’t make a stop here and I didn’t go when they played in 2018 and I missed Acrobat.
I’m hoping ticket prices are reasonable, but Las Vegas is notorious for up charging for the bigger acts. We shall see.

My first time seeing them was on the Zoo Tv tour. It was in Tampa with Big Audio Dynamite II & Public Enemy. The next time was here when they kicked off the Pop Mart tour. I was bummed that the Joshua Tree tour didn’t make a stop here and I didn’t go when they played in 2018 and I missed Acrobat.
I’m hoping ticket prices are reasonable, but Las Vegas is notorious for up charging for the bigger acts. We shall see.
I’m old. My first tour was Unforgettable Fire in NJ. I brought my husband to his first show on ZooTv in NJ, his second show was two nights later at MSG. I think he’s seen them about 50 times now, I’m at 74, so Vegas would make a special 75th show.

I’m sorry that you missed Acrobat, that was so special to me. I need So Cruel. Seems foolish to travel to Vegas in hopes of getting that one song, but I have this deep seated need to finish AB.

I have no doubt that prices will start high, but will drop closer to when the tour starts.

ETA: totally envious about Big Audio Dynamite

My first time seeing them was on ZooTV, but the arena portion, before they hit stadiums. The only opener was The Pixies, which was amazing, but I would have LOVED it if it was the Bjork (or was it Sugarcubes?)/Public Enemy lineup.

I only saw them on the Elevation tour, but have 2 Fall trips to Vegas planned in pencil so super hoping I can squeeze this in as Achtung Baby is by far my favorite U2 album
We are already going to Seattle for Madonna in July, but I imagine we’ll find a way to squeeze U2 in (me selling my collection is helping tremendously in this regard 😉)

As much as I love U2, their lawsuit against Negativland’s parody 12” pissed me off. Then they basically used others’ content for their video collages in a similar way (sampling, if you will).

“These guys are from England and who gives a shit?”159C9C37-F46D-4E93-8C02-5359647C7091.jpeg

Last edited:
Also by the time this is released all 4 versions will be widely available.
I'm annoyed. I caved and purchased the clear "super limited only available for 48 hours" pressing and then saw that they were releasing different colors. I should have waited for purple. I don't even like what I've heard to this point.

I'm annoyed. I caved and purchased the clear "super limited only available for 48 hours" pressing and then saw that they were releasing different colors. I should have waited for purple. I don't even like what I've heard to this point.
Doesn't the clear still have extra tracks? 20 vs 16?

Doesn't the clear still have extra tracks? 20 vs 16?
Honestly, I don't even know. It was an impulse buy, and I didn't even look at the details closely. If that's so, then I feel a little bit better about the purchase.

ETA: You are correct.
Specification:
2 x 12’’ 180g Heavyweight Crystal Clear Vinyl
This Deluxe Vinyl product includes 4 additional Bonus Tracks, to the Standard Vinyl

Me too ...after buying the big box set and 4 cd version too...U2 completist disease

Back