Talking U2 with you too.

Rolling Stone did an interview with The Edge. A lot of talk about the new album and the upcoming Las Vegas residency.

Someone here needs this truth but while i was drunk at Walmart i saw that they had marked down those big as fuck Funko Pop full stage sets of U2 they released on BF down to $25

I just finished A Sort of Homecoming with Dave Letterman - what a treat that was!
I watched it last night and thought it was brilliant! It proves to me that the re-imagined songs are far better as live renditions than the studio tracks. (I still have not listened to it in entirety, have only previewed 10-20 seconds per track, and am not impressed) It makes me want to see the Bono show again - I was at the NYC premiere and loved it, but my husband has not yet seen it.

Dave was fantastic and I do hope they release Forty Foot Man :)

I would totally love a tour of just Bono, Edge and Glen Hansard with a string section and choir.

I was a little disappointed that Grian from Fontaines DC didn't play with them live. It just kind of popped up in the pub and was gone.
There was a short clip of him performing at McDaid's Pub that popped up on twitter the night of, (a different one than in the documentary) but I too would have loved if he'd been at the performance.

2023 Subscriber gift announced.. I already renewed and am kind of undwerhelemed TBH.

Agreed. I guess it's "kinda cool" but it's set up to make you renew next year to get the second half. That's annoying. On a semi related tangent, these are the (resale) front row seats available for Bono's show tomorrow night at the Beacon. Maybe stop allowing resales for insane amounts and the front row would be full? No doubt, people will be upgraded if they don't sell.

341653839_633442811448085_2395311148020294340_n.png

Looks like Vegas tickets go on sale this Thursday. Only 5 shows. I'm sure they won't be cheap....at all.

"U2 has announced show dates and ticketing details for ‘U2:UV Achtung Baby Live At Sphere,’ their special run of shows at Sphere at The Venetian in Las Vegas this September 29 & 30 and October 5, 7, & 8.

This email is to confirm that you are registered for the opportunity to purchase tickets during the Verified Fan Presale taking place this Thursday, April 27."

Looks like Vegas tickets go on sale this Thursday. Only 5 shows. I'm sure they won't be cheap....at all.

"U2 has announced show dates and ticketing details for ‘U2:UV Achtung Baby Live At Sphere,’ their special run of shows at Sphere at The Venetian in Las Vegas this September 29 & 30 and October 5, 7, & 8.

This email is to confirm that you are registered for the opportunity to purchase tickets during the Verified Fan Presale taking place this Thursday, April 27."
Gonna shoot for one of the Saturday shows!

If you're a subscriber you can actually Request tickets now. Prices range from $140 to $600 which is actually much better than I was expecting. Standing Room GA is only $267.
The hotel package is convenient but those rooms at the Venetian are $$$

Yea no doubt! I put in for 4 floor tix for either of the two Saturday shows 🙂
AB is my all time fave record, and I really really really want to go to this, but.....

I suffer from motion sickness, and I have a feeling this might just make me nauseous. I'd hate to spend all that money and have to close my eyes through the entire show. (U2:3D was difficult for me; I had to sit with my head pressed against the seat and not move)

So, I'm probably gonna have to sit this round out until I learn more about exactly how it works. I think the big screen might be more than I can handle :cry:

AB is my all time fave record, and I really really really want to go to this, but.....

I suffer from motion sickness, and I have a feeling this might just make me nauseous. I'd hate to spend all that money and have to close my eyes through the entire show. (U2:3D was difficult for me; I had to sit with my head pressed against the seat and not move)

So, I'm probably gonna have to sit this round out until I learn more about exactly how it works. I think the big screen might be more than I can handle :cry:
They HAVE to be recording this...right?

Back