Sutherland Club House

That’s a pretty solid sign. It really feels like you have to make a significant step (in dollars) to level that one up. Everyone seems to like theirs, from what I remembered, I wanted to make sure nothing became the new hotness while I was paying other dumb bills.

I can’t imagine you not loving it.

I'm still happy with mine. Leave a search running on HiFi Shark, and you'll eventually get a hit for a used Insight for the price of a new KC Vibe, or a 20/20 for the price of an Insight. They hooked me up with US Audio Mart for mine if I remember correctly.

I just wonder what people are upgrading to. Anything I’d want over the Insight is $4-6k.

I'll be looking at add the LPS long before I'm looking to upgrade. Still don't know if it's really needed, but I know the curiosity will get the best of me sooner or later.

I did a bunch of reading on it and eventually determined that if I can’t hear any obvious shortcomings now I’d rather spend the $450 on something else. It sure looks cool, though.

I did a bunch of reading on it and eventually determined that if I can’t hear any obvious shortcomings now I’d rather spend the $450 on something else. It sure looks cool, though.
Honestly a big part of the draw for me is using a single outlet without potentially chocking the power. A phono preamp *shouldn't* need that much power, but it can only help and one plug with potentially an upgraded cord certainly can't hurt. But it'll be awhile.

Just purchased a Little Loco and so far I am loving it. It really extracts the micro details and presents a big sound stage image. I went from the phono stage built into my Luxman 590axII integrated amp where I was using the MM section with a Bob's Devices Sky 20 (1:20) SUT. Turntable I am using is a VPI Classic 4 with 12in 3DR tonearm and Ortofon Cadenza Black MC cartridge.

What I like best is that there is no need to fiddle with loading settings. Right out of the box with the medium resistors installed, it (the Little Loco) sounds wonderful.

I didn't compare to an Insight, though I used to have an Insight long ago with much lesser equipment. The Insight was great at the time from what I can recall. I did have a Zesto Andros PS1 tube phono pre amp that I did use with my current equipment that did sound great too. But I felt that I didn't want to mess with tubes any longer, having to turn them on and wait for warm-up, etc. I simplified my system moving from separates to the Luxman and decided that the built in phono was nearly as good.

The Little Loco is a good upgrade to what I was using. I had contemplated using the Bob's SUT and just trying another Insight and use the MM section of the Insight. But I just have this feeling that the loading seen from the SUT is not right for the Cadenza Black. I used to set the Zesto Andros to 400. I think with the Sky 20 set to 1:20, it sees 118 or so. Maybe not ideal. The Little Loco takes these decisions out of the picture.

This is an auction, but you never know if you don't try!

This is an auction, but you never know if you don't try!

That should be exciting for someone. I'm curious what it ends up going for.

Back