Sutherland Club House

New Old Stock.

I’d have thought you’d have come across that in your tube research 😂
Oddly enough, I've always seen it spelled out..............learn somethin new every day, lol.

Actually, and I want to be careful as to what I say here, when I reached out to Ron he told me they had a few black faceplates left and wouldn't be ordering any more and they were put aside for new orders that were conditional on black fronts.

...........but, he could spare one.

It wasn't free, lol

Oddly enough, I've always seen it spelled out..............learn somethin new every day, lol.

Actually, and I want to be careful as to what I say here, when I reached out to Ron he told me they had a few black faceplates left and wouldn't be ordering any more and they were put aside for new orders that were conditional on black fronts.

...........but, he could spare one.

It wasn't free, lol

Funnily enough long term I want to do the opposite and get a silver face plate for my Prima Luna 😂

There’s supposedly a big price hike coming and the U.K. distribution only had black ones available in the current batch so I jumped to avoid paying more but I would eventually like to get my gear all matching in silver!

Probably wait a year or two until covid supply issues begin to resolve and then equire!

Funnily enough long term I want to do the opposite and get a silver face plate for my Prima Luna 😂

There’s supposedly a big price hike coming and the U.K. distribution only had black ones available in the current batch so I jumped to avoid paying more but I would eventually like to get my gear all matching in silver!

Probably wait a year or two until covid supply issues begin to resolve and then equire!
I prefer black @Joe Mac, but conversely, if I had all silver and had one black piece I'd be looking to swap out the black piece for silver, lol

I prefer black @Joe Mac, but conversely, if I had all silver and had one black piece I'd be looking to swap out the black piece for silver, lol

Yeah individual taste will always vary.

I’ve always preferred any colour but black to be honest. For me a rack of black gear can be a bit monolithic and foreboding whereas silver feels softer and can fit into my preferred mid century meets Scandi wood and white vibe.

That said marching is the key. Also black is black so across companies you aren’t going to have a variance which you actually can do with different silver finishes.

I have the opportunity to move up to a 20/20 from an Insight at a reasonable price. For those that have made the change, how much difference did it make for you? I thought I was done moving to the Insight, but I am curious about the 20/20’s incremental benefits.
After some reflection, I decided to pass on the 20/20 upgrade. I’m pretty happy with my Insight/Hana combo now, so I’m choosing to invest in more wax, less gear. I may revisit the decision once I build a larger vinyl portfolio - I’m still under 300 LPs now.

Back