Sutherland Club House

@Mrjay07 That A/T is a fantastic cartridge. I’ve seriously considered buying another. It tracks like a beast. Zero inner groove distortion. Very balanced top to bottom. Clean and tight. Bass is slightly punchy.

I’ve owned an Exact and really don’t get it. It’s ok, but not worth anywhere near the $595 dealers here charge for it. The OC9 is worlds better in every respect. You’ll hear the improvement. It’s obvious. Set your Insight to 100 ohms loading and 60 dB gain.
You Sir are encouragable!!
This will either make you laugh or cry in desperation:
The Better Half has just insisted on me testing the Crossley my youngest wanted for Xmas. Against my judgement people, honestly!
I instantly had to put the sam Belinda Carlisle single on my system to highlight where my Mrs is wrong. This could get messy! Hahaha!
Email sent to LP Tunes to find out shipping costs!
Do I need to shim up the Rega tonearm?

You Sir are encouragable!!
This will either make you laugh or cry in desperation:
The Better Half has just insisted on me testing the Crossley my youngest wanted for Xmas. Against my judgement people, honestly!
I instantly had to put the sam Belinda Carlisle single on my system to highlight where my Mrs is wrong. This could get messy! Hahaha!
Email sent to LP Tunes to find out shipping costs!
Do I need to shim up the Rega tonearm?
Yes you’ll need a 2mm shim.

Question about the Insight. I'm getting a very subtle helicopter ripple when my amp is up loud. I've isolated it to the Insight. Does this item need to be away from the amp? It's not audible unless I'm right by the speaker. And changes when I move the Insight around on the shelf.

Question about the Insight. I'm getting a very subtle helicopter ripple when my amp is up loud. I've isolated it to the Insight. Does this item need to be away from the amp? It's not audible unless I'm right by the speaker. And changes when I move the Insight around on the shelf.
If you can keep your phono away from everything to a reasonable extent, that's a good thing in my experience.

I just realized the insight doesn’t load at 470 ohm.

I don’t guess it’s designed in such a way that I can jumper 100 AND 300?

Otherwise, I will just have to try the SS with 200 and 1000?

For those who have the 20/20, have any updated to the LPS? If so, did it make $450 worth of a difference?

I've thought about it just to take up one less plug on my Panamax, but it is a bit spendy. I'm pretty satisfied with the way the system sounds right now, so I'm not actively hunting for upgrades.

For those who have the 20/20, have any updated to the LPS? If so, did it make $450 worth of a difference?

This isn't on the top of my want list, but I do want to make this upgrade at some point. All reports I've seen have been positive. I wouldn't expect a game changer, but I would expect it to be slightly more quiet, and tighter in the low end. But I think a lot of other things can likely be done first. I think you'd have a bigger impact with a speaker cable upgrade, but if that's in order... well then it might be a good next step.

My 20/20 came with the LPS, but I do have the standard power supplies as well. I’ve been meaning to do a comparison, but got sidetracked by my journey into Tubeland. I’ll try and do a comparison in the next few days.

My 20/20 came with the LPS, but I do have the standard power supplies as well. I’ve been meaning to do a comparison, but got sidetracked by my journey into Tubeland. I’ll try and do a comparison in the next few days.
Looking forward to it!

I hooked up the stand power supply this morning and did a little comparing. The short answer is that the LPS gives me more of everything I would want from a power upgrade: better dynamics, a more solid image, and a better sense of depth.

All together, it’s not unlike the jump from the Insight to the 20/20. Both sound good but the LPS makes for a more engaging and musical presentation. It’s one of those upgrades that you’d be fine without, but once you have it you’ll never want to go back.

I hooked up the stand power supply this morning and did a little comparing. The short answer is that the LPS gives me more of everything I would want from a power upgrade: better dynamics, a more solid image, and a better sense of depth.

All together, it’s not unlike the jump from the Insight to the 20/20. Both sound good but the LPS makes for a more engaging and musical presentation. It’s one of those upgrades that you’d be fine without, but once you have it you’ll never want to go back.
*grumbles and opens wallet*

Back