STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

This popped up today. This was filmed at Northpark 1 & 2 here in Dallas which was the greatest movie theater this town has ever seen. It was later converted into a THX theater oversaw by Lucas himself. 70mm film. THX sound system. The last movie I got to see there was Titanic. Sadly, it's now a parking garage.

I used to go to Showbiz Pizza/Chuck E Cheese where they had a dinner room with a 3 color panel projector. I would sit in there and watch the making of Return of the Jedi that they had a constant loop instead of playing video games or swimming through the ball pits. My mother swears Empire Strikes Back was the first movie I saw in the theater. My brother says we watched the original Star Wars at a drive-in. My parents watched Close Encounters out of the front of our car while we watched Star Wars out the back in the bed of our station wagon.

So, admittedly, I’m not much of a Star Wars fan. I like the movies I’ve seen, I’m just not into it in a way that would cause me to deep dive into all the books, side tv shows/movies, and overall canon.

However, I find myself unexpectedly taking a trip to Disney World next month. I haven’t been since I was a teenager so I know it’ll look wholly unrecognizable. We do have one day at Galaxy’s Edge planned during said trip.

Any tips, tricks, or things I must do while there? I figured you peeps would more than likely know or have personal experience.

So, admittedly, I’m not much of a Star Wars fan. I like the movies I’ve seen, I’m just not into it in a way that would cause me to deep dive into all the books, side tv shows/movies, and overall canon.

However, I find myself unexpectedly taking a trip to Disney World next month. I haven’t been since I was a teenager so I know it’ll look wholly unrecognizable. We do have one day at Galaxy’s Edge planned during said trip.

Any tips, tricks, or things I must do while there? I figured you peeps would more than likely know or have personal experience.
I would pay for the extra option to get on the Rise ride. Yes, it’s expensive but that ride constantly goes down and you can get a dedicated return time. The Millennium Falcon ride is fun but if you can ride it twice, just be gunners the first time so you can watch how the pilots steer the ship. One side goes up and down, the other left and right. So you have to coordinate your actions. Ronto wraps are good, especially for breakfast. If you don’t have a cantina reservation, you can do a walk up. It’s fun for at least 30 minutes. Check out the water fountain near the rest rooms for a fun gag. The Kylo Ren appearances are usually pretty fun. Get some Blue Milk.

If you have any other Disney questions, let me know. Have fun, stay hydrated.

Back