STAR WARS! STAR WARS! STAR WARS

That ending though!
Cavan Scott really knows how to pull on the heart strings.

The Jedi investigation into what exactly happened there occurs in the Trail of Shadows limited series over the span of a couple months. Definitely recommended, though you should read The Fallen Star/Battle for Starlight before the final issue.

The Jedi investigation into what exactly happened there occurs in the Trail of Shadows limited series over the span of a couple months. Definitely recommended, though you should read The Fallen Star/Battle for Starlight before the final issue.

I'll be reading Battle for Starlight with the kiddo tonight but waiting until fall, I imagine, for The Fallen Star because I'm waiting on the paperback for money savings and consistency with my other copies. Not thrilled about the wait, but looking forward to reading through the juvenile and young adult stuff in the meantime! (...and maybe processing some of my non-Star Wars reading backlog too.)

Reactions: Jan

Oh man, Trail of Shadows is great!!

Picked up the final 2 issues of Phase 1 over the weekend, and WOW. High Republic #15 had a huge jaw-dropping moment and is just and incredible issue, and Eye of the Storm #2 is the perfect endcap for this phase. Marchion Ro is the best villain Star Wars has had in a long time.

Still need to read Mission to Disaster and that'l be it for phase 1.

IMG_1695.JPG

Last edited:
Picked up the final 2 issues of Phase 1 over the weekend, and WOW. High Republic #15 had a huge jaw-dropping moment and is just and incredible issue, and Eye of the Storm #2 is the perfect endcap for this phase. Marchion Ro is the best villain Star Wars has had in a long time.

Still need to read Mission to Disaster and then I'll put an endcap on phase 1.

View attachment 135307

I agree, these were super great. I finished reading all the comics last night and just have a handful of the books and the manga to get through now --- i love the breadth and expansion of the whole publishing endeavor - it's been a long time since I've been this excited about a series. And it's a sweet bonus my son and I get to be excited together, even though his scope of the series is significantly smaller! I think he's even more partial to The High Republic than the Skywalker Saga

... and it was fun

SO fun!
So far I'd say this is my favourite of the books, after The Rising Storm.

I was figuring I'd start dipping into the YA novels pretty soon but noticed they're all getting a paperback release in July for $12 apiece rather than $22, so I'm gonna hold off until then and have them fill the gap until The Fallen Star gets its own paperback release.

I also read The Edge of Balance vol. 1 a couple of days ago and quite enjoyed it. I have vol. 2 on order at my library and that will complete my read of the comics/manga portion of the series.

I also read The Edge of Balance vol. 1 a couple of days ago and quite enjoyed it. I have vol. 2 on order at my library and that will complete my read of the comics/manga portion of the series.
iwas lucky so far that the public library is carrying most of them so i can read them via libby

Aargh still gotta squeeze in revenge of the sith ....no spoilers please !

I did Revenge of the Sith last night and figured tonight was going to be relegated to streaming new music releases then Obi Wan tomorrow but the music's gonna wait - fortunately, I'm working alone most of tomorrow, which makes for good music listening time.

No spoilers, but I'm loving the heck out of this series so far!

Back