Spin The Black Circle - The Pearl Jam Thread

I have had some of my best concert memories also. Gorge 2006 night 1, spectrum 2009, Cleveland 98…. Toledo 2004…. So many good memories and fun travels. I had tickets to Indy last year for my last hurrah and eventually sold them to a friend before it was cancelled. I’m prob done now with the shitty 2014 Cincy show as my last PJ show. Not a good one to go out on.

Those are some great shows. My last show as of now was Fenway 2018. It was fun but definitely a “Party with Pearl Jam type” of evening instead of a good show.

Pros on the new single. Dig the Drums and the synth-y guitar effect like from You Are. And Mike's solo.

Cons. Didn't like the production on Earthling, don't like it here either. Seems too clean? Eds vocals are hard to understand.
After a few listens this morning, these were my thoughts exactly. I was not thrilled when I heard Watt was working with them after the production sound of Earthling.

The RSD version is the way to go I think. I like the look of it, and it'll give me time to decide if I want to pay full price for it.

Welp... just arenas this tour.... thought 8 years between show was a thing I GUESS NOT.... probably the only time I will ever get to see them live was when I went 8 years ago.
Indy date is rescheduled from earlier this year.
My tickets were already deferred to the new date …love an outdoor amphitheater show

I have had some of my best concert memories also. Gorge 2006 night 1, spectrum 2009, Cleveland 98…. Toledo 2004…. So many good memories and fun travels. I had tickets to Indy last year for my last hurrah and eventually sold them to a friend before it was cancelled. I’m prob done now with the shitty 2014 Cincy show as my last PJ show. Not a good one to go out on.
That Spectrum run was incredible - made it to all 4 nights, to this day, night 3 is still one of my top shows ever. We were at that Cincy 2014 show as well, I didn't hate it, but it was the tour kickoff so I wasn't expecting their best show ever.

Dealing with the 10c lottery now, and of course it's utterly fucked. I thought they couldn't mess up more than they did last time, when they had to do three drawings and seat assignments, but this is not a good start. I'll give it a little more time and try again to put in my entries

I missed out on that tour poster from that show…. Gosh they must have liked this area, but for wherever reason it’s arenas for now… I used to listen to that bootleg monthly until recently…..
The merch line at that show was a total clusterf*ck. We got in line right after breakfast, around 8:30 am. The truck opened late, the line split up and people behind us ended up in front of us. I think we finally got our merch around 3pm. That was the first time we've ever queued that long for merch, but we were with a bunch of friends and having a good time just hanging out. Would not queue for merch anymore, it's just not worth it to me.

the oztrayan tour announcement for november is weird...

ten club members guaranteed access, but otherwise you need to enter a ballot to enter

they're playing 3x 45k shows - i'm amazed that they can pull that sort of crowd still

as someone who doesn't have 10c, i'm now assuming i won't get a ballot entry

which is a shame, but i'm not sure they're an arena band per se

ten club members guaranteed access, but otherwise you need to enter a ballot to enter

they're playing 3x 45k shows - i'm amazed that they can pull that sort of crowd still

I remember getting a ticket pretty easily the last time I saw them in Melbourne (2009). I’ll join the ballot and see how it goes, but it does look pretty complex. They’d probably be better selling out two days at Rod Laver.

It's the scam that is known as verified fan. Unless you register, you might not be allowed to buy tickets from tickemaster. (I'm unsure of Australian ticketing laws and reselling)

For the NYC shows, you were only allowed to buy tickets through TM if you were verified and received an access code. They of course would allow you to purchase the insanely inflated "premium" tickets, I recall seeing some priced at over $5k USD, but you were not allowed to purchase the face value tickets that they sporadically dropped as the date of the show got closer without an access code. I'm not sure that was the case for other cities, but because there was only one show in NYC, and was the highest demand, that's how it worked.

Since it's been a long time that PJ played down under, I do expect there to be a lot of folks who will want tickets (I already know at least 5 Americans who plan to try for the Aus/NZ shows) So, it's in your best interest to register if you want a shot at tickets. TM wants your data!!!

Back