Spin The Black Circle - The Pearl Jam Thread

If you haven't picked up Earthling yet, its on sale for $4.99 over at elusive disc.

They also have the Flag Day soundtrack for $9.99, and Mike McCready's score for the Glamour and the Squalor for $3.99

definitely enjoyed the texas run and more than happy with the shows we got. fort worth 1 is memorable because of josh filling in and the mostly 1991-98 setlist that resulted. josh really should be commended for what he has been able to bring to the band these last couple years.

the biggest takeaway from these shows for me has been that the whole band actually seems like they are having fun and enjoying playing together. maybe the difficulties of the last couple of tours have set in or something, and they've had a come to jesus moment, but i can't recall the whole band looking like they're actually having a good time and enjoying each other. i can't really say that for shows i've seen from the better part of the last 15 years. at one point in fort worth ed and jeff were over by mike jamming out a little bit and ed looked over at stone and nodded for him to join them, which he did, and with a smile on his face and they all just put out a sense of camrederie that has been missing. they also clearly rehearsed - even the rarely played tunes - and while they weren't perfect, they seemed to be pretty well oiled. perhaps the bootleg recordings will expose other flaws not heard in the shows, but they really sounded better than they have in a long time.

every show this run had something for everyone, and with the days of 35-song marathons in the rear view, i think this set construction could suit them and us for a long time to come yet. that said, there was a real sense of appreciation and gratitude being shared by ed and i feel like they played these shows as if they could have been their last. ed mentioned a new album in 2024, and how well they sounded together, so i expect there will be a tour, but they could also go the r.e.m. route and put out a final album and quietly call it a day and i don't think i'd be surprised based off what i saw this last week.

definitely enjoyed the texas run and more than happy with the shows we got. fort worth 1 is memorable because of josh filling in and the mostly 1991-98 setlist that resulted. josh really should be commended for what he has been able to bring to the band these last couple years.

the biggest takeaway from these shows for me has been that the whole band actually seems like they are having fun and enjoying playing together. maybe the difficulties of the last couple of tours have set in or something, and they've had a come to jesus moment, but i can't recall the whole band looking like they're actually having a good time and enjoying each other. i can't really say that for shows i've seen from the better part of the last 15 years. at one point in fort worth ed and jeff were over by mike jamming out a little bit and ed looked over at stone and nodded for him to join them, which he did, and with a smile on his face and they all just put out a sense of camrederie that has been missing. they also clearly rehearsed - even the rarely played tunes - and while they weren't perfect, they seemed to be pretty well oiled. perhaps the bootleg recordings will expose other flaws not heard in the shows, but they really sounded better than they have in a long time.

every show this run had something for everyone, and with the days of 35-song marathons in the rear view, i think this set construction could suit them and us for a long time to come yet. that said, there was a real sense of appreciation and gratitude being shared by ed and i feel like they played these shows as if they could have been their last. ed mentioned a new album in 2024, and how well they sounded together, so i expect there will be a tour, but they could also go the r.e.m. route and put out a final album and quietly call it a day and i don't think i'd be surprised based off what i saw this last week.
I love reading this and it makes me even more bummed that Indy got cancelled.

Dammit…this is tempting !!! But I don’t want a membership :(

I caved on the TenClub variant. My Yield VMP reissue arrived the other day.

Back