Spin The Black Circle - The Pearl Jam Thread

i'm not seeing where it differentiates digital/analog accessibility? was it like that for previous releases? because i don't ever recall that being the case, but i'm an analog subscriber so maybe i've just never noticed. right now the shop page just says "members only. limit 1 per member."
This is what I see

DAD2A44E-5D46-4161-B5EC-BEC39D12B4EC.jpeg

Yeah for atleast a year plus now :(

200.gif

honestly i would contact 10c and ask if that is truly the case. i would think there'd have been a bigger deal made about a change like this occurring if it were affecting every digital member. i asked on the sky i scrape forum and one guy there is two guys there are digital and had no issues ordeing vault 2. maybe try on a pc or different device, too? i dunno, it just seems altogether odd.

I’m tempted in this but the analog members only thing is def making me shy away…anyone not grabbing this by chance it or happened to sign up for digital recently and still was able to buy it?

I know @Oldwhitelincoln11 is a digital and was able to buy it but maybe he was grandfathered in?
Pearl Jam site says members only not analog only. It’s never ever been analog only for anything there.

with matt getting covid, following the last couple shows in oakland has been kind of fun, with josh klinghoffer and richard stuverud (and a couple locals) filling in. i like matt cameron, but it's nice to hear some different drumming on the old classics. i liken matt to a reliable and consistent presence, as he is as solid as they come but i don't feel he explores or tries new things very often, and isn't the most exciting person behind the kit. stuverud especially has been fun to watch and is more wild like the muppet animal - he literally lost his hat half a second into playing lukin - and i'm really looking forward to getting a better listen when the shows are released. i know they won't be perfect renditions, but just to hear great songs like porch, given to fly, and even even flow with a different driver in the seat for the first time in 20+ years is exciting.

also, fucking w.m.a.! that this band would say, 'hey, i know you guys are being put on the spot enough already but we're going to give you a showcase with an extremely drum heavy track even we rarely play', is part of the reason i enjoy following them as much as i do.

liken matt to a reliable and consistent presence, as he is as solid as they come but i don't feel he explores or tries new things very often, and isn't the most exciting person behind the kit

Eh, that's because they're a pretty straight ahead rock band. In soundgarden he was regularly doing weird time signatures and off-kilter beats. It's what the music calls for imo.

i mean, i know he is capable of that. his songs for the band reflect that, but they don't get played much, if at all. regardless, there still can be some personality added to songs like corduroy that he just doesn't do. and that has been the case since 1998. like, his even flows don't even groove, really, and that song should groove. i'm not saying he's a negative to the band by any means or anything, i'm just saying it's nice to hear some different styles at this point because matt doesn't really add any of his own.

i mean, i know he is capable of that. his songs for the band reflect that, but they don't get played much, if at all. regardless, there still can be some personality added to songs like corduroy that he just doesn't do. and that has been the case since 1998. like, his even flows don't even groove, really, and that song should groove. i'm not saying he's a negative to the band by any means or anything, i'm just saying it's nice to hear some different styles at this point because matt doesn't really add any of his own.
Of the ones I'm familiar with, Jack irons was arguably the best. His work on colonel Claypool's flying frog brigade really shows his personality posing through. You wouldn't think it would go through so clearly but I mean listen to them doing "shine on you crazy Diamond" and he totally drives the song

Eddie Vedder and Earthlings just announced a show at Vino Robles Amphitheatre in Paso Robles. I highly recommend this venue, it's pretty small and not a bad seat in the place (even on the lawn) And Paso is an amazing town to do some wine tasting! Would make for a nice little getaway (I did the trek down from SF a few years ago to see Kacey Musgraves and wine taste for a weekend)

Eddie Vedder and Earthlings just announced a show at Vino Robles Amphitheatre in Paso Robles. I highly recommend this venue, it's pretty small and not a bad seat in the place (even on the lawn) And Paso is an amazing town to do some wine tasting! Would make for a nice little getaway (I did the trek down from SF a few years ago to see Kacey Musgraves and wine taste for a weekend)

People like that Earthlings album? Eeek

People like that Earthlings album? Eeek
I bought the "fresh pressed" 10c edition - actually, we have two copies as my husband ordered it as well. Both are sealed. Sometimes while I'm driving, one of Ed's Earthling songs comes on pjradio and I have no idea what it is. I have never listened to the album in entirety. We did see him in Newark earlier this year, but I can't even remember what songs were played from the Earthling album.

It will be interesting to see how the added shows sell - as I recall, they were giving tix away for free to the LA shows earlier this year. Granted, part of that was because the dates were rescheduled due to covid in the band, but only the east coast dates were even close to capacity.

Vegas tix are $200 plus fees, including GA. That's some Springsteen pricing going on there.....

Back