Soul Step Records Subscription

dang, just requested to be a member of this club. Had never heard of it before I stumbled on the Brian Owens release but it sounds fantastic.. Not easy songs to cover and make stand out in the slightest but he nailed it.

It’s a great album, one of our all time
Best sellers. Got you in the Subscriber club - good luck on Saturday!

14 fire splatters left.
I didn’t really like this color combo so I went and found a black press locally this morning and just ordered the Soul Step slipmat (16 left!).

I sooo would have loved to get a Wax Mage of this, the 4 I’ve seen are stunning with the full color coverage. I wish we could see all 25. For whatever reason though, the site won’t process my Apple Pay, gives me errors about state and zip code have to match. 🤷🏻‍♂️

12F0BF0C-D501-4638-90D9-09CFF1E1E229.jpeg5D6819BE-5CC7-4597-9DB0-E17B651A7CF7.jpeg96036622-D2F4-402A-9AF0-3B411B213962.jpegF6D99059-78B4-429D-86DB-839E3B6DDE7F.jpeg

Last edited:
Barely missed the wax mage version by seconds since I was in a car with shoddy reception but happy I was able to grab the fire splatter.

Have I got this right?

As an international (UK) the best thing to do is sign up as a subscriber on the site but buy from HHV (for postage reasons 😀)

Really enjoying your output even if I feel late to the party!

Hello everyone!

I wanted to share with you our latest release, SSR-053.

Sylmar - "Telford"

Soul Step Records is proud to announce SSR-053, another collaborative release with Cincinnati’s SYLMAR. After collaborating on their debut single and self-titled album, the partnership brings their brand new release, “Telford” to vinyl!

Sylmar has become one of Cincinnati’s hottest live acts with their energy and musicianship. They have been traveling the Midwest relentlessly in the past year, but found time to record “Telford” at Cincinnati’s MT. SATURN STUDIOS.

Recorded entirely analog, this release gives us a new side of SYLMAR. These songs have been merely sketches and ideas that the band had been working on for the past two years. Lead singer Brian McCullogh says “That fans should expect something more acoustic driven, somewhat playful but still has that jazzy feel we have. It’s a little bit more folk and less rock.” Even in this stripped down environment SYLMAR has created - you still get the big emotional crescendos that the band has become known for.

So sit back and enjoy “Telford.” It’s a slab of “Hazy Cincy Sofa Rock.” This album is for fans of The National, Blitzen Trapper, and Grizzly Bear. “Telford” is like a drive through your hometown at dusk. Nostalgic & emotive, and full of charge derived from deep associations and a moment to pause. If you are a self-proclaimed MTV unplugged aficionado - or a surveyor of stripped down tracks - this is your record.
IMG_6423.jpg

Hello everyone!

I wanted to share with you our latest release, SSR-053.

Sylmar - "Telford"

Soul Step Records is proud to announce SSR-053, another collaborative release with Cincinnati’s SYLMAR. After collaborating on their debut single and self-titled album, the partnership brings their brand new release, “Telford” to vinyl!

Sylmar has become one of Cincinnati’s hottest live acts with their energy and musicianship. They have been traveling the Midwest relentlessly in the past year, but found time to record “Telford” at Cincinnati’s MT. SATURN STUDIOS.

Recorded entirely analog, this release gives us a new side of SYLMAR. These songs have been merely sketches and ideas that the band had been working on for the past two years. Lead singer Brian McCullogh says “That fans should expect something more acoustic driven, somewhat playful but still has that jazzy feel we have. It’s a little bit more folk and less rock.” Even in this stripped down environment SYLMAR has created - you still get the big emotional crescendos that the band has become known for.

So sit back and enjoy “Telford.” It’s a slab of “Hazy Cincy Sofa Rock.” This album is for fans of The National, Blitzen Trapper, and Grizzly Bear. “Telford” is like a drive through your hometown at dusk. Nostalgic & emotive, and full of charge derived from deep associations and a moment to pause. If you are a self-proclaimed MTV unplugged aficionado - or a surveyor of stripped down tracks - this is your record.
View attachment 15315
Enjoyed the 2 tracks on the site :)

Friends!

Just in case you've missed it - Soul Step Records announced our latest release, a 45 single with Cincinnati's own Coastal Club.

On September 14th, exclusively to Soul Step Subscribers we will release Coastal Club’s first vinyl release - a 7” 45 single of “Shake You b/w Make It By.” Coastal Club has quietly become one of the in-demand and beloved bands in Cincinnati. Known for their signature indie pop sound that comes with a hint of surf. Coastal Club finds their center with slightly modulated guitar lines, dreamy synths, and tight drum grooves layered with fun and care-free lyrics about enjoying life.

In short, Coastal Club is music to make you feel good, and music to listen to when you feel good. There will be a limited to 100 edition of this 45 - on CRYSTAL CLEAR VINYL. These will be sold to Soul Step Subscribers on September 14th. To sign up visit Soul Step Records’ website.

www.soulsteprecords.com/ssr052
IMG_5997.jpg

Last edited:
Back