Soul Step Records Subscription

This goes nicely with the Middle Kids and Miya Folick in my collection and reminds me of the Belly sized hole in my collection.

That's awesome! I love the different styles on each side - Depending on how I'm feeling - I'll lean into one side more than the other. I'm really happy to have it home at Soul Step!

Soul Step Records Announces SSR-072!

Soul Step Records & The Local Honeys kicked off 2020 with the release of the vinyl LP, “The Gospel.” It was so touching to release authentic Appalachian music on vinyl to the world. So we are excited to announce that our latest release, SSR-072 has us collaborating with The Local Honeys again!

SSR-072 will be another releasing in Soul Step’s growing FOOTPRINT SERIES, that focuses on releasing Appalachian music. We will be releasing the debut LP from The Local Honeys, “Little Girls Actin’ Like Men” on vinyl to Soul Step Subscribers on November 7th, 2020.
The Local Honeys are compromised of Linda Jean Stokley and Montana Hobbs. Stokley from the rolling hills of the Bluegrass state, and Hobbs from the foothills of Appalachian region have developed a sweet sound of bluegrass kissing the mountains. They have dedicated themselves to the preservation of old music and the creation of new tunes.Their songwriting often reflects subject matter that little girls ‘ought not talk about. This element plays a strong impact in the production and creation of this LP, “Little Girls Actin’ Like Men.”

Soul Step Records will be releasing The Local Honey’s LP “Little Girls Actin’ Like Men” to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, November 7th. The general public sale will begin on Monday, November 9th. This LP is currently available to stream on the digital service of your choice right now.

Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as many of our limited edition vinyl sell out very quickly.

IMG_1618.jpgIMG_1622.jpg

Soul Step Records Announces SSR-072!

Soul Step Records & The Local Honeys kicked off 2020 with the release of the vinyl LP, “The Gospel.” It was so touching to release authentic Appalachian music on vinyl to the world. So we are excited to announce that our latest release, SSR-072 has us collaborating with The Local Honeys again!

SSR-072 will be another releasing in Soul Step’s growing FOOTPRINT SERIES, that focuses on releasing Appalachian music. We will be releasing the debut LP from The Local Honeys, “Little Girls Actin’ Like Men” on vinyl to Soul Step Subscribers on November 7th, 2020.
The Local Honeys are compromised of Linda Jean Stokley and Montana Hobbs. Stokley from the rolling hills of the Bluegrass state, and Hobbs from the foothills of Appalachian region have developed a sweet sound of bluegrass kissing the mountains. They have dedicated themselves to the preservation of old music and the creation of new tunes.Their songwriting often reflects subject matter that little girls ‘ought not talk about. This element plays a strong impact in the production and creation of this LP, “Little Girls Actin’ Like Men.”

Soul Step Records will be releasing The Local Honey’s LP “Little Girls Actin’ Like Men” to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, November 7th. The general public sale will begin on Monday, November 9th. This LP is currently available to stream on the digital service of your choice right now.

Soul Step Records highly encourages fans to sign up to be a Soul Step Subscriber for free, as many of our limited edition vinyl sell out very quickly.

View attachment 73440View attachment 73441

1604522887175.png

Hey everyone!

yes, this one was the fastest ever. Just under two hours for the LTD/100 to sell out. Insane. Glad to see the growth. I've gotten about 70% of the orders packed - and ran out of packing supplies so just waiting for some more packages to arrive to send them out.

Very much appreciate the love and support. Now to get these remaining ones packed and we're heading onto the next release on November 20th. It's a very different release from this one. ;)

Soul Step Records Announces SSR-073!

In partnership with Old Flame Records, we are excited to announce SSR-073. We will be releasing on November 21st to Soul Step Subscribers the sophomore album from Cincy Synth Pop duo - MOONBEAU. Building on the success of their debut critically acclaimed self-titled album, Moonbeau is back with an incredibly strong LP “Up All Night.”

Moonbeau is best known for their 80’s inspired aesthetic and energetic synth pop sound, Moonbeau delivers a sense of nostalgia with every note. “Up All Night” is an album that is about going after what you want in life despite the challenges that face us. Moonbeau paints this picture with a dreamy landscape, earnest lyrics, and down to earth attitude. After being furloughed due to the COVID pandemic, Moonbeau renovated a 1985 RV to live and tour in full-time. They hope to collaborate and perform with musicians across the country in the future.

This album is best described as Cincy Synths that can make Summer last forever. This album is for fans of Bleachers, COIN, and Jukebox The Ghost. This album is stacked with sunshine-soaked 80’s synths that are equal parts youthful energy and grown-up wisdom. Moonbeau’s sophomore LP has songs to dance with your newest love & songs to fondly remember your mischievous younger years. It’s sugar sweet pop music that you do not have to feel guilty about loving.

Soul Step Records will be releasing Moonbeau’s LP “Up All Night” to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, November 21st. The general public sale will begin on Monday, November 23rd. This LP will be available to stream on your favorite service on Friday, November 20th.

IMG_1240.jpgIMG_1245.jpg

Aww yeah!

so, in case you weren’t aware that @soulsteprecords is the best, when Melvin noticed that my address was screwy (recently for some odd reason autocorrect began changing my address - appears to be fixed now) - he held onto it and reached out to me. So this got to me today, just got done choring and will be throwing it on shortly.

37655A70-0FC5-43E1-8964-73A3B9B0D1F0.jpeg

Right on!!

Thank you for the support!

So happy with how well the Moonbeau LP is doing - and spending the day planning our last drop of the year!

Aww yeah!

so, in case you weren’t aware that @soulsteprecords is the best, when Melvin noticed that my address was screwy (recently for some odd reason autocorrect began changing my address - appears to be fixed now) - he held onto it and reached out to me. So this got to me today, just got done choring and will be throwing it on shortly.

View attachment 76059

Soul Step Records are so happy to share that we are welcoming back, for the third release, is none other than Ferguson Missouri’s own Brian Owens! After critically acclaimed releases “Soul of Cash” and “Soul of Ferguson,” we are happy to share that his latest LP, “Love Came Down” is coming to vinyl only on Soul Step Records!

Brian Owens has quickly become a Soul Step Records favorite of many fans from his passionate vocal delivery and strong R&B music. Music and love define Brian Owens and his work. Maybe known best for his 100 MILLION viewed video of Sam Cooke’s “A Change Is Gonna Come.” This video has ignited the internet and went viral touching so many hearts. Brian Owens’ voice continues to reach around the world and back again.

This album is best described as Suit and tie sophisticated Soul and R&B. For fans of Donny Hathaway, Bobby Womack, and Charles Bradley. Brian Owens’ “Love Came Down” is a collection of songs that showcase his unwavering belief that LOVE is the answer. Full of sweeping and emotional strings, soaring vocals, and a tight rhythm section fills this album. The would could use a healthy does of love, so this LP is a great way to share that love!

Soul Step Records will be releasing Brian Owens’ Third LP “Love Came Down” to Soul Step Subscribers on Saturday, December 5th. The general public sale will begin on Monday, December 7th. This LP is currently available to stream on your favorite music service.

IMG_1934.jpgIMG_1939.jpg

Back