sleater-kinney is dead; long live (the) sleater-kinney (thread)

Saw that earlier today. Really mixed feelings about Carrie's response. There's some "It is what it is" in there, but there's also some shade thrown in a couple of places. And still no idea how they are going to handle the drums on the tour.
As someone who doesn't have a deep history with the band, just what I've seen so far suggests someone in the situation isn't being entirely truthful. They said Janet was "raving" about the album to them but pretty much everything else that's happened seems to go against that claim.

As someone who doesn't have a deep history with the band, just what I've seen so far suggests someone in the situation isn't being entirely truthful. They said Janet was "raving" about the album to them but pretty much everything else that's happened seems to go against that claim.

Both can be true. It can be great and also not where Janet wants to be headed creatively.

Both can be true. It can be great and also not where Janet wants to be headed creatively.
Yeah, I kind of thought about that after I posted it. Janet leaving doesn't necessarily make the quotes from that article false in any way. Nobody except the band really knows the full story. It's just all very weird because of the suddenness of it.

CB was def throwing shade.

The new song is .... odd. Another CB lead vocal song. With spare Janet drumming.
Yeah, I'm surprised this is being released as a single, and that can't be a good sign. This feels like it should be a deep cut you start to appreciate after your 20th spin of the album. However, I am glad it's not following the trajectory of the first 2 singles.

Also - and I want to note for the record, I really like Quasi - the door is on your left, Quasi > SK people. That debate is hot shit. ;)

Yeah, I'm surprised this is being released as a single, and that can't be a good sign. This feels like it should be a deep cut you start to appreciate after your 20th spin of the album. However, I am glad it's not following the trajectory of the first 2 singles.

Also - and I want to note for the record, I really like Quasi - the door is on your left, Quasi > SK people. That debate is hot shit. ;)
At least at the end of the song, Corin and Janet break loose.

Back