Sexy M.F.'ers...The Prince Fan Thread

Alrighty, I mean I can understand people not digging Rave, but Come... Come is probably the best of the weird fulfilling the Warner’s contract album (and I like all three: Chaos and Disorder and Vault - Old Friends 4 Sale, being the other two.)

Come is a pretty good album. I've put it in my mid tier, because there are so many other absolutely awesome albums. So for me even though it says mid it doesn't mean it's mediocre at all, just in comparison to the amazing other Prince records it's a bit less.
I think the same way, it seems many Prince fans and even more casual listeners don't think Come is that good because they think it's just a fulfillment album. I think all songs on it are pretty good. Letitgo, Solo, Race, Papa, Loose, Space etc. The title track. I'm really hoping we will get a vinyl release of this in the future, I would instantly buy it. I also prefer it to Chaos and disorder and Vault - Old friends 4 sale, so I completely agree with what you say.

By the way, I think we may see the super deluxe vinyl treatment for Purple Rain in 2024, for the 40th anniversary. I think Warner looses all rights to their Prince catalogue next year, except for the soundtrack albums (Batman, Graffiti Bridge, Purple Rain and maybe Parade). So it makes sense if these get the next super deluxe treatment. On the other hand Sony should be able to release vinyl reissues of records like Diamonds and Pearls, Love Symbol, Come, Lovesexy, The Hits/ B Sides etc next year or 2022.

So this thing is a beast (and will not really go next to the others)....
View attachment 68088View attachment 68089View attachment 68090View attachment 68091View attachment 68092
@Lord Diaper Baby I can see how scratches happened. There were a couple that were jostled. I took a look at then and will report back. I like the hard cover book! Definitely feel better about the price now.

It sounds superb too ...

I really need a couple of long evenings to delve into this set

Batman, although great, is the weakest out of the albums he released from Dirty Mind to that album! For me, the incredible run is from Prince’s Self-titled to Lovesexy! So a year back; 1979-1988 !
If Graffiti Bridge was more cohesive, I’d take it all the way to Love Symbol - which still gets my vote for best album.

It’s, IMO, his best and my favorite.
Yeah, Love Symbol for sure is one of Prince’s best albums! I placed that in my top tier and was low-key sad and surprised @Lord Diaper Baby only placed that album in his ‘high’ tier! It’s an incredible album, and was his last masterpiece he recorded! I Wanna Melt With U is such a sexy, messy, addictive, playful song! I love the chorus on that song so much; it’s so irresistible!

But Prince’s Dirty Mind and Purple Rain are my favourites! Absolutely love Controversy, 1999, Parade, Sign O’ The Times & Love Symbol though! All those are top tier Prince albums!

Yeah, Love Symbol for sure is one of Prince’s best albums! I placed that in my top tier and was low-key sad and surprised @Lord Diaper Baby only placed that album in his ‘high’ tier! It’s an incredible album, and was his last masterpiece he recorded! I Wanna Melt With U is such a sexy, messy, addictive, playful song! I love the chorus on that song so much; it’s so irresistible!

But Prince’s Dirty Mind and Purple Rain are my favourites! Absolutely love Controversy, 1999, Parade, Sign O’ The Times & Love Symbol though! All those are top tier Prince albums!
Dirty Mind and Parade for me. And Purple Rain. And Sign O The Times. I can’t choose a favorite between those 4. Now I need to revisit the Love Symbol album

Yes but high tier is still fantastic. This isn’t the Nathan scale. If you have a taste for everything then do you really have taste at all? 😜

Last edited:
Yes but high tier is still fantastic. This isn’t the Nathan scale. If you have a taste for everything then do you really have taste at all? 😜
I have definitely got taste! That’s why I can believe that Prince hasn’t really had an amazing album since The Black Album / Come! Rave is a rubbish album in my opinion and I couldn’t believe how disappointed I was when I revisited and spun Musicology on the turntable. It’s quite a mediocre album! 💣

I am definitely a critical person! I’m just very passionate as well! 😉😜

I have definitely got taste! That’s why I can believe that Prince hasn’t really had an amazing album since The Black Album / Come! Rave is a rubbish album in my opinion and I couldn’t believe how disappointed I was when I revisited and spun Musicology on the turntable. It’s quite a mediocre album! 💣

Oh, I’d place The Gold Experience among the “high tier” albums, IMHO ❤️😁

How many of those Prince albums are missing liner notes or printed inner sleeves?

Back