Sexy M.F.'ers...The Prince Fan Thread

The U.S. GZ-pressed Gold XP is fire.

I cleaned and listened to the entirety (even the hump that is Side D) and it is beautifully pressed.

The Discogs page The Artist (Formerly Known As Prince) - The Gold Experience for the U.S. release is funny. Folks arguing about EU vs U.S. / Pallas vs. GZ or which one is a more faithful replica. Given, without context, I'd choose a Pallas release of the same title over GZ any day. However, with the clear evidence in front of me (i.e. the stellar U.S. pressing), I'd throw that SOP out the window.

Any way, really happy to have this. I think it sounds brilliant. Anyone else have thoughts on the sound?

The U.S. GZ-pressed Gold XP is fire.

I cleaned and listened to the entirety (even the hump that is Side D) and it is beautifully pressed.

The Discogs page The Artist (Formerly Known As Prince) - The Gold Experience for the U.S. release is funny. Folks arguing about EU vs U.S. / Pallas vs. GZ or which one is a more faithful replica. Given, without context, I'd choose a Pallas release of the same title over GZ any day. However, with the clear evidence in front of me (i.e. the stellar U.S. pressing), I'd throw that SOP out the window.

Any way, really happy to have this. I think it sounds brilliant. Anyone else have thoughts on the sound?

Well, you already said everything that is needed to be said. This is a very good example of making what I'd call tasteful mastering decisions, with nothing exaggerated and everything clear.

I pre-ordered the white Hits 2 from Walmart. I already have the purple Hits 1 that was released a couple years ago.
Hopefully the B-Sides is coming.
I would be disappointed if they released the b-side only as part of the complete set like they did with the CD.

Back