Sexy M.F.'ers...The Prince Fan Thread

so after living in the twin cities for 90% of my life, i finally went to paisley park today. i really regret never going in the early 2000s when there would be late night word-of-mouth dance parties and prince shows, and even the pajama parties hosted there a few years ago. i certainly had ample opportunity to do so but i just never took them up. anyway, it's was nice to finally go inside after only driving by it for all these years. the tour we did was very controlled, which i suppose is just an extension of prince himself. no phones/cameras (until the very end) and a very structured and basic overview of the man and the space. the appeal of walking around was certainly in all of the outfits and gear on display, including a room with a wall of shoes (which even then was only a tiny portion of his shoe collection). i do wonder what he would think of all of it.

so after living in the twin cities for 90% of my life, i finally went to paisley park today. i really regret never going in the early 2000s when there would be late night word-of-mouth dance parties and prince shows, and even the pajama parties hosted there a few years ago. i certainly had ample opportunity to do so but i just never took them up. anyway, it's was nice to finally go inside after only driving by it for all these years. the tour we did was very controlled, which i suppose is just an extension of prince himself. no phones/cameras (until the very end) and a very structured and basic overview of the man and the space. the appeal of walking around was certainly in all of the outfits and gear on display, including a room with a wall of shoes (which even then was only a tiny portion of his shoe collection). i do wonder what he would think of all of it.
I took my wife and kids there a few years ago when we went to visit my dad who lives in Eden Prairie, and I’ll never forget it.

Anyone see any updates on the Do Me, Baby cassette and 7”?
I believe the cassette was released a bit ago, but if you bundle pre-ordered w/ the 7" (like me), which is production delayed, you're SOL. Date was pushed back to 01 Apr. Now my order page is showing 30 Apr. I emailed them to ask about paying an invoice for shipping to get the cassette released. I've tried this before to no avail, but I'm being more forceful in my request (like....why couldn't I just pay you the shipping and ya get it shipped?).

Syracuse Live pre-orders...

CDs + blu-ray

3x vinyl

Deluxe: 3x vinyl + CDs/blu-ray (so first two options together plus extra photos, poster, foil box it seems)

Blu-ray is claimed to be improved ("For the first time, this powerful performance has been entirely enhanced and reconstructed: the original video source was rescanned, restored and color-corrected; and the original multitrack audio master reels have been remixed and remastered onto Blu-ray video with selectable stereo, 5.1 surround and Dolby Atmos sound"). Last release w/ Purple Rain deluxe was a DVD.

I believe the cassette was released a bit ago, but if you bundle pre-ordered w/ the 7" (like me), which is production delayed, you're SOL. Date was pushed back to 01 Apr. Now my order page is showing 30 Apr. I emailed them to ask about paying an invoice for shipping to get the cassette released. I've tried this before to no avail, but I'm being more forceful in my request (like....why couldn't I just pay you the shipping and ya get it shipped?).

Let me know if you have any luck. I am in the same boat

Anyone ever pre order from merchbar? Looks like they're doing pre order for the RSD Gold Experience.

I wonder if stores don't have to adhere to the RSD pledge or whatever since it's not really RSD?

Either way, whether I go out that day or not - prob not - there are 24K+ copies being released so I'm not at all worried about getting a copy.

Anyone ever pre order from merchbar? Looks like they're doing pre order for the RSD Gold Experience.

I wonder if stores don't have to adhere to the RSD pledge or whatever since it's not really RSD?

Either way, whether I go out that day or not - prob not - there are 24K+ copies being released so I'm not at all worried about getting a copy.

I preordered from merchbar once, canceled the order a short time after, got refunded, then they still sent my order months later anyway!

That's my only experience with them.

I have ordered from them before without issue. However, the RSD version of this is an “RSD First”, so wondering if Merchbar’s is the non-RSD release

I have ordered from them before without issue. However, the RSD version of this is an “RSD First”, so wondering if Merchbar’s is the non-RSD release
Hmmm...I don't know. Has same release date of 18 Jun and description says gold vinyl. I wonder if the official store will carry any since the CD RE releases same day.

Back