Sexy M.F.'ers...The Prince Fan Thread

It's totally my fault for giving Art Official Age and Plectrumelectrum short shrift when they came out, but I just grabbed copies of both from @Sonicpharmacist to round out some gaps in my Prince collection.....

Art Official Age is a pretty solid album (plectrumelectrum so-so). It has some really killer songs on it and a rather unifying vibe. Totally enjoyed it and will listen to it more.

This, Lovesexy and Gold Experience are what I’ve been waiting for! I’m so excited!!!
Given that the deluxe reissues have to date been chronological, I’m guessing we get to wait a bit for Lovesexy. Gold is probably gonna wait until they clear up Most Beautiful Girl in the World.

I honestly think lovesexy/black/Camille/graffiti bridge/batman would make an interesting box set.

I'm really looking forward to a D&P Deluxe edition on vinyl. D&P is among my favorite Prince albums. Really glad that there might be a Deluxe set of this. I know some of the Vault material of that time and it doesn't seem to be too exciting, but I hope there will be some unknown gems still hidden.

Last edited:
It would have been nice if they had chosen to include the Controversy version as the B side like they did with I Feel for You, but nonetheless I placed an order for the vinyl, the cassette, the badge set, and the slipmat.

I wonder since they're gonna do a Controversy deluxe edition since they have Controversy items now under their own heading in the shop - was there ever any talk of that across the nets?

Also, separately...I just noticed the price that SOTT singles set is going for - JFC?! I bought two and still have one sealed. They are going for stupid money.

I wonder since they're gonna do a Controversy deluxe edition since they have Controversy items now under their own heading in the shop - was there ever any talk of that across the nets?

Also, separately...I just noticed the price that SOTT singles set is going for - JFC?! I bought two and still have one sealed. They are going for stupid money.
You got 2??? Nice!

Back