Sexy M.F.'ers...The Prince Fan Thread

I was hoping we'd get some news about the crystal ball reissue today. Usually the prince estate releases something on the anniversary of his death. It's been 5 years today

I was hoping we'd get some news about the crystal ball reissue today. Usually the prince estate releases something on the anniversary of his death. It's been 5 years today
I hear you. It does seem as they are doing a bigger media push on Welcome 2 America than they did on the last two posthumous releases.

Just saw this from last week....I'll assume we've all seen Prince's masterclass in guitar mindfuckery from the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame performance of While My Guitar Gently Weeps (with all due respect to the amazing musicians he shared the stage with....go eat your pancakes at the kids' table; the adult is speaking)...

Here is the "director's cut". Comment from director/producer Joel Gallen: "17 years after this stunning performance by Prince, I finally had the chance to go in and re-edit it slightly - since there were several shots that were bothering me. I got rid of all the dissolves and made them all cuts, and added lots more close ups of Prince during his solo. I think it's better now. Let me know what you think. Joel."

Just saw this from last week....I'll assume we've all seen Prince's masterclass in guitar mindfuckery from the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame performance of While My Guitar Gently Weeps (with all due respect to the amazing musicians he shared the stage with....go eat your pancakes at the kids' table; the adult is speaking)...

Here is the "director's cut". Comment from director/producer Joel Gallen: "17 years after this stunning performance by Prince, I finally had the chance to go in and re-edit it slightly - since there were several shots that were bothering me. I got rid of all the dissolves and made them all cuts, and added lots more close ups of Prince during his solo. I think it's better now. Let me know what you think. Joel."

Oh yes please, and thank you!

I never got an email about it either, I saw Violet Reality post about it and went to the Prince website to see if there a was any info. They also put a nice video of Prince 3rd Eye Girl performing on YouTube:

My local only got 1 copy

Plaid Room got 200 copies...their leftovers go on sale tomorrow at 8pm EST EDIT - just noticed they don't ship internationally, sorry.

Back