Sexy M.F.'ers...The Prince Fan Thread

Sony Prince stuff is getting a little hard to get in the U.K. now ..and it’s always really expensive....got this on the crystal ball cd so won’t lose sleep...but will keep an eye out online
It's gonna be expensive here too, which is why I've gotta hope my local holds onto a couple/few copies for some months as they have with the last couple RSD Prince titles.

Plaid Room got 200 copies...their leftovers go on sale tomorrow at 8pm EST EDIT - just noticed they don't ship internationally, sorry.

200 copies?! Nice. It's the only thing I want and I know my shop got some but they wouldn't tell me how many (I don't think they really unpack everything till store close today).

It's literally the only thing I want and the wife and I will get to the store probably and hour before it opens so I'm not too worries. But just in case that's real good to know for Plai
d Room.

If anyone needs another, Zia goes on sale tomorrow at 1000 PST (1300 EST) and all of their locations show stock (just not the number - that's my local)

If any U.S. member still needs a copy of The Truth, Plaid Room is showing 70+ copies in stock.

If any international members can't source a reasonably priced copy on their end, Plaid Room doesn't ship internationally; but if it really becomes a sourcing issue, DM me and I'll order you a copy and get it to your country (although I think resale prices would have to be crazy in your neck o' the woods to make a plane ticket for the record still the cheaper option)

I’ll be spending a lot of time with Welcome 2 America, of course. I am seeing a lot of this is better than the stuff he released during this time. I don’t think Art Official Age or Plectrum Electrum are great by any stretch of the imagination, but on first appearance, they seem more interesting. 2010 was just before this was recorded and is more retro inclined and definitely inferior to this.
This seems almost sterile and the vibe of the music doesn’t really match the lyrical content.
I am fairly certain it will grow on me. But I don’t ever remember having this kind of reaction to a Prince album except for NEWS which I think is dreadful.

I’ll be spending a lot of time with Welcome 2 America, of course. I am seeing a lot of this is better than the stuff he released during this time. I don’t think Art Official Age or Plectrum Electrum are great by any stretch of the imagination, but on first appearance, they seem more interesting. 2010 was just before this was recorded and is more retro inclined and definitely inferior to this.
This seems almost sterile and the vibe of the music doesn’t really match the lyrical content.
I am fairly certain it will grow on me. But I don’t ever remember having this kind of reaction to a Prince album except for NEWS which I think is dreadful.
I’ve just re listened to Graffiti Bridge this morning ..god that’s a stinker of an album..no wonder I couldn’t remember much of it

I
I’ve just re listened to Graffiti Bridge this morning ..god that’s a stinker of an album..no wonder I couldn’t remember much of it
like Grafitti Bridge. It is kind of shit album but if you think of it as a bizarre disjointed comp, most of the songs are decent.

I like Grafitti Bridge. It is kind of shit album but if you think of it as a bizarre disjointed comp, most of the songs are decent.

Grafitti Bridge is home to a few of my absolute favourite songs. I definitely fall somewhere between like and love with it on the overall. It's certainly inconsistent, but so is about 90% of his output from there onward!

Grafitti Bridge is home to a few of my absolute favourite songs. I definitely fall somewhere between like and love with it on the overall. It's certainly inconsistent, but so is about 90% of his output from there onward!
I think this is a pretty fair summary. Joy In Repetition is one of my favorite songs by him but it lives on an album that is, well, like you said.

At first listen, I like it, not diggin the first 2 songs so much, but after that it's solid. Compared to the albums that he recorded around that time, it's better than MPLSsound, and way better than 20ten, but I still prefer Lotusflower.
I did order the deluxe edition, but I won't get it til Aug. 4th (my birthday!) So I grabbed the cd to hold me over.20210730_175205.jpg

This review seems pretty spot on to me.
I’ve given it a spin on vinyl, it did not impress me anymore than it already had.

I find the music somewhat disconnected from the message. It is on par with the other albums released by Prince at the time. I think this is a lower tier release.

I’m glad it is getting lots of buzz and a lower tier Prince album is better than like 80% of music out there, but it’s uneven and seemingly, despite the subject matter and nifty creative process behind it, uninspired.

it will likely be one of my most listened to albums of the year but…

I’ve also given 20Ten, Mplsound and Lotus Flower some time this week too.

Back