Sexy M.F.'ers...The Prince Fan Thread

Funny enough, I got those MusikExpress magazines (w/ the Kate Bush 7"s - I ordered two copies of the issue) in the mail. They still haven't charged me any money. I sent them my CC info but I think they sent me the magazines before I even sent that info. I thought it was my German RS copies 'cause my wife told me some magazines had arrived. Then she showed me on Skype the MusikExpress and I was like "Hmmm...so they just send shit without getting paid, okay." So, to anyone interested in them - they can be gotten but it is a process that in no way resembles the efficiency for which Germans are known.

Speaking of the German RS....I emailed them a bit ago and asked when they were going to ship (before I saw people saying that they got theirs' w/out shipping notices). They replied yesterday; although I initially wrote off the email response since I thought I had gotten them until I just realized they were the aforementioned MusikExpress. Their reply was that there was a shipping delay and "You will receive the magazine in the 42th calendar week." -- which, by my calculations, is next week. But to my German friends....is that shit y'all say?! I mean, I'm all aboard with the European preference for Day/Month/Year (right, smallest to largest) and being in the military we often write dates like that. But is it common to reference stuff as week of the calendar year it is?

SOTT box....I received my vinyl box set today. As noted in an earlier post, I wasn't impressed with the quality of the CD set (I emailed the official store to ask if they were tracking some of the negative reviews re: QC and scratches and they said they were and that they were addressing them with the manufacturer for whatever that's worth; I may give the CD set another go in the future). Back to the vinyl set...it looks great. Came in pretty good condition; no major flaws or damage - they package it well. I'll have to wait till I get to the U.S. in March to actually listen to it, but it looks great (my wife indulges me over Skype and we do in-depth unboxings).
I placed an order earlier this week and got no email or anything. I then emailed them and they got back to me today saying it was back ordered and they would invoice me when it gets sent. I guess I’ll what happens

Just because we had been talking about the German RS and MusikExpress (still waiting to see about that), here is a website where you can grab a bunch of past Prince magazine issues....

a few in a cart that caught my eye (incl a 2018 German RS that had 1999/17 days 7")

Hopefully, it will let you see what I thought was eye-catching in the cart I built and isn't reliant on my cookies (may be). Some of the prices are....ouch! But if anything catches your eye there is at least 10% off first order for subscribing to a newsletter.

Ok, so the link will just go to an empty cart now. But if you search "Prince" you'll see a lot of stuff; although you'll have to wade through a bunch of results about the royal family (they didn't seem to have a more robust search function). Some stuff, like Hot Press & Jan/Feb 2020 Rolling Stones, were ridiculously priced. Other stuff not so bad (of note: NME, that '18 German RS w/ 7", Conde Nast, Classic Pop). They also have Uncut's Ultimate Guide; however, if you're in the U.S. you can get it cheaper from the NME/Uncut U.S. shop.

And, while I'm here, I got these Wax Poetics in hardcover a long while back and they're nicely done (the top one has Frank Ocean on the back, to boot):

I still haven’t received my magazines.

Stars and Stripes newspaper did a two-page piece on Prince's SOTT for their 11 Oct issue. I've officially never been prouder to be a service member!

J/k but really it's an okay write-up with some historical background. It's just nice to see in a free paper that I grab everyday before I get my tray in the dining facility.

These artists must have very poor discographies though! Can’t think of many artists I like where their best album is not as good as Prince’s worst album! I mean, there’s artists like Lindsay Lohan, Nickelback, Nicole Scherzinger and Jaden Smith who have no decent albums in my opinion...🤷‍♂️😂
Doesn’t that go without saying. Isn’t it a bit of a pointless and insulting exercise to even mention those names in the same post as Prince.

If Prince Funko Pops weren't scratching your itch and you like to take baths (the water is warm enough)….

In the target sale I just got the 4xLP 1999 for 33% off. I canceled the other items in my order.

It's a great way to get a deal on the SOTT giant box if you're looking for one.

If Prince Funko Pops weren't scratching your itch and you like to take baths (the water is warm enough)….

juts curious how one comes across finding these? 😂

don’t judge me if I may or may not have bought one

Who did you order this from?
Are you talking about the recent German RS? Straight from the pre-order website that everyone else did. I still haven't received mine either. I mentioned before that their CS answered me and said there was a delay and it should arrive in the "42nd week" (which would've been last week). I still haven't gotten it but I'll give it another week or so before I hit them back up.

Are you talking about the recent German RS? Straight from the pre-order website that everyone else did. I still haven't received mine either. I mentioned before that their CS answered me and said there was a delay and it should arrive in the "42nd week" (which would've been last week). I still haven't gotten it but I'll give it another week or so before I hit them back up.
I ordered it from this link, but haven’t received any updates. I tried emailing, but it keeps getting kicked back as undeliverable.

EDIT: I just noticed that what I ordered isn’t the Rolling Stone, but Musik Express. Same site, but different magazine. Would loke to order this too, but am hesitant

Last edited:
I ordered it from this link, but haven’t received any updates. I tried emailing, but it keeps getting kicked back as undeliverable.

Ok, sorry we're talking about two different things. I thought you meant the recent German RS; not the MuskExpress I mentioned from a couple years ago.

Yes, that is the link I ordered it from. Mine showed up in the mail a couple weeks back. I still haven't paid for them. I was going back and forth with how to pay w/ their CS and had no idea they had shipped (didn't think they would without ever being paid for). They acknowledged receiving my credit card details on 09 Oct and said they would charge the amount due in the next few days - mind you, this is all after I had received them - but I've yet to be charged.

This is the CS email I was going back and forth with: as-media@dpv.de

EDIT: I just noticed that what I ordered isn’t the Rolling Stone, but Musik Express. Same site, but different magazine. Would loke to order this too, but am hesitant
Speak of the devil! They just charged me!

I mentioned a bunch of magazines (besides the ones w/ 7''s!) a bit ago.

I have to say, I am thoroughly impressed with the Uncut Ultimate Guide

I would suggest any fan get this. No advertisements and it is quite large. Besides a bunch of photos, of course, the content is really good. It has smaller stuff like chronicling all of Prince's backing bands, the different proteges, even a journalist reminiscing what it was like to interview him (there were rules!), etc.

But the real meat is that it goes through every single studio album, live albums, compilations, etc. and gives background, an overall score, and a track-by-track score. With S&H it came out to ~$21 to get to a U.S. address.

@NathanRicaud I don't know if you could get it sent to Australia (don't see why you couldn't) but I think you would especially dig the track-by-track breakdown. It reminds me of when we were discussing albums like Musicology and 3121 and you were naming particular tracks. Of course, no one has to agree w/ the ratings but it is a cool guide and really well done..

I am thoroughly impressed with it and all the content you get for the price. It is also well-bound/put together and has a collector's feel to it.

Ok, sorry we're talking about two different things. I thought you meant the recent German RS; not the MuskExpress I mentioned from a couple years ago.

Yes, that is the link I ordered it from. Mine showed up in the mail a couple weeks back. I still haven't paid for them. I was going back and forth with how to pay w/ their CS and had no idea they had shipped (didn't think they would without ever being paid for). They acknowledged receiving my credit card details on 09 Oct and said they would charge the amount due in the next few days - mind you, this is all after I had received them - but I've yet to be charged.

This is the CS email I was going back and forth with: as-media@dpv.de
The email address didn’t get sent back to me as underliberable! Thank you so much!

Back