September 2021 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread: This Thread. This Thread Is The Place. The Place Where Everything. Everything Always Happens.

Day 20 - “Strange Overtones”
Your song still needs a chorus. I know you'll figure it out.
Play an album by an artist that was in a band and is going solo.

Phil Collins "No Jacket Required" (1985 WEA Japan)

View attachment 112755

I also have a Japanese version of this album? Are they like super common or something?

I also have a Japanese version of this album? Are they like super common or something?

I don’t know! I went on an ordering spree from Record City Japan last month and this was part of it. I saw it as a good way to get a clean OG for cheap more than anything. This copy looked new and sounds great, so success there.

St. Vincent - Strange Mercy

Before going solo, Annie Clark was part of the band The Polyphonic Spree.

FD561DD2-6086-4DC9-91F2-61B08778F333.jpeg

Dean Warehman - Anesthesia (1992)

First solo outing from Galaxie 500 front man. Both tracks were redone for Luna’s first album (Lunapark) later in ’92. Dean is releasing his first solo album in about 7 years of new music in October. Very excited.

4E59D6E4-590E-4047-84C7-EF02F50C8345.jpeg

Dean Warehman - Anesthesia (1992)

First solo outing from Galaxie 500 front man. Both tracks were redone for Luna’s first album (Lunapark) later in ’92. Dean is releasing his first solo album in about 7 years of new music in October. Very excited.

View attachment 112788

I finally placed an order for the Bewitched reissue at Gotta Groove records a few weeks back. Did you pick that one up too?

Frances Quinlan - Likewise

Hopefully there will still be another Hop Along album some day, though!

20200715_121126-jpg.56784

Day 12 - “Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On)”

I had been going to play the Twin Peaks soundtrack thinking Lannister might like the general background in debauchery and trying to untangle the symbolism, but then I started thinking what I wanted to do was show him Twin Peaks. For a while I thought I really didn't have any good picks for today - not confidently or without repeating myself. But then I noticed this and thought he might get something out of “Carolina Drama.” Now, having listened to it, it's probably a better pick than I even realized…

The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely
_MG_0940.JPG

Back