September 2020 Challenge Thread- The Gav-La’s

Day 7: “Mini maxi “ play a Mini lp or maxi single/EP type thing

Here's one evoking the ghost of Gav-La's past.

The Cult - Lil' Devil 2 x 12" Gatefold Single

Nice package including unreleased tracks and live versions. Inner gatefold signed by Ian Astbury (as Wolf Child as he was sometimes prone to do) evoking Day #4 of the Gav-La extravaganza.

20200906_232052.jpg20200906_232932.jpg20200906_231958.jpg

Here's one evoking the ghost of Gav-La's past.

The Cult - Lil' Devil 2 x 12" Gatefold Single

Nice package including unreleased tracks and live versions. Inner gatefold signed by Ian Astbury (as Wolf Child as he was sometimes prone to do) evoking Day #4 of the Gav-La extravaganza.

View attachment 65092View attachment 65093View attachment 65094

Great post..I’ve got this version and the regular 12 inch with diff live tracks ...the b side Zap City is a great track, and I was really pleased when they did the Electric anniversary tour they dropped Born to be wild and played Zap City in its place ...and I love all of the Electric era artwork ....nice Signed Copy too..very jealous ..the Cult are a great band imo ..really enjoyed the more recent albums too

Gav-la recap to date

1)first Gav-La goes to @Yer Ol' Uncle D 🥇.....winner of the first post award
2)Winner of the second Gav-la @Murfocakes the shameless sucking up by posting a Morrissey record Gav-la 👏🏻
3) @gaporter 👀first duplicate-post!
4)Gav-La goes to @ByersVinyl for cheekiness and initiative 📈
5)Gav-la to @threesunrises for being brave🆕
6)Gav-La goes to @Fleetwood-Matt for a hat trick of beautiful looking vinyl 🧿
7)Gav-la to @bettim84 💯award for 4/4 posts of records I own
8) Gav-la for @Turbo for his yellow submarine 🇨🇦
9)Gav-la for @threesunrises for guitar fire 🎸 🔥
10)Gav-la for @Yer Ol' Uncle D for awesomeness 🏆
11)Gav-la also to @Murfocakes for awesomeness 🎫
12)Gav-la to @Wicked Dreamer for bringing the Bowie to the party👨‍🎤
13)Gav-la to @ranbalam for drumming dedication 🥁
14)Gav-la to @sahomerrocks for bonus doggy photobomb🐶
15)Gav-la to @tvham for bringing the bono😎
16)Gav-la to @howmuchartcanyoutake for bringing the heartache 💔

17)Gav-la to @Russ I for bringing his royal badass purpleness to the party 👑

Smile ‎– Gettin' Smile (Mercury, 1982 First Pressing)

A precursor to Queen, Smile's debut 'mini-album' was not ever commercially released until 1982, and even then it was a Japan-only release! Brian May provides vocals and guitar, Roger Taylor is on drums, and Tim Staffell is on bass and vocals. Staffell basically quit music after leaving the band, which is when Freddie and John Deacon became involved and the rest is history!

IMG_5068.JPG

Smile ‎– Gettin' Smile (Mercury, 1982 First Pressing)

A precursor to Queen, Smile's debut 'mini-album' was not ever commercially released until 1982, and even then it was a Japan-only release! Brian May provides vocals and guitar, Roger Taylor is on drums, and Tim Staffell is on bass and vocals. Staffell basically quit music after leaving the band, which is when Freddie and John Deacon became involved and the rest is history!

View attachment 65120

Great post ..wish I could find one of those

Great post ..wish I could find one of those
Its a tricky one to find for sure, especially considering it was a Japanese only release. I just checked my emails to see when I got this and it was the beginning of 2017. It was an ebay win and I think I was the only bidder as it came to £9.90.

Just seen this as well, Smile (Early Queen) - Gettin’ Smile - Japanese Album with Insert (6 tracks) | eBay with an offer option, so might be worth sending the seller one. £30 is already a decent price looking at discogs, I bet you could get it for £25. Just doesnt have the OBI, but apart from that it appears decent.

Back