Secretly Society

Yea. It came out before I joined SS but it's $14 on Discogs and I haven't picked it up... fine, but not super memorable IMO.
If I was still a secretly society member I'd probably get it but nothing to make me want to sign up for it again. I only signed up to get Hatchies and Angel Olsens albums at a good price since it seemed like if I had kept my radioactive variant of Hatchies album that I had preordered and got any variant of Angel Olsens album it was going to cost more than just getting them as part of the membership. The bonus was that I got Stella Donnellys last album which was something that I really wanted. If I had signed up after the price increase I'm not sure that it would have been a better value. I might want to get Julie Byrnes upcoming album but I'd either get the sky blue one with my record store credit or I would order the Rough Trade exclusive one. I don't have any desire to become a Secretly society member again as I'd rather spend my individual albums that I might want more vs being stuck with albums that I wouldn't have purchased with my own money if they weren't included with the membership.

The Baby Rose album is really quite good, and I had no idea that she was a DC artist.

This and Wednesday have been hits for me, so I’m not regretting resubscribing, despite Shame being a whiff.

correction: Baby Rose was born in DC but grew up in North Carolina. I read good.

Last edited:
The Baby Rose album is really quite good, and I had no idea that she was a DC artist.

This and Wednesday have been hits for me, so I’m not regretting resubscribing, despite Shame being a whiff.

correction: Baby Rose was born in DC but grew up in North Carolina. I read good.
With the Slowdive announcement especially, I’m really glad I re-upped. Baby Rose is in my backlog stack. Wednesday was a homerun for me (seeing them open for Isbell in September too). I’m on the fence about Claud - I was only lukewarm on the last one, but overall I’ve liked near everything so far. No reason to change for me anyway.

With the Slowdive announcement especially, I’m really glad I re-upped. Baby Rose is in my backlog stack. Wednesday was a homerun for me (seeing them open for Isbell in September too). I’m on the fence about Claud - I was only lukewarm on the last one, but overall I’ve liked near everything so far. No reason to change for me anyway.
Claud fits into a certain category of pretty-good, unchallenging indie pop that I find sort of comforting to throw on while I play Picross or whatever. I enjoy having those sorts of records in the collection even though I'd never argue for their place in the canon.

For the whiskey drinkers out there, it's kinda like Mellow Corn.

I haven't decided if I want to get the new claud album. I didn't hate their debut album but I didn't love it either. I don't like how short the songs are. I do like a lot of the songs from their upcoming but I'm not sure I like them enough to rush out and buy the album. My favorite is the cloud one as I'm not a secretly member and I'm not a fan of the store exclusive one as it looks like a store exclusive vinyl.

Not specific to Secretly Society, but is Secretly Store's customer service still as responsive as they used to be? I emailed them to cancel an order yesterday morning and still have had no response. I remember they used to get back to me in an hour or two when I emailed before.

Not specific to Secretly Society, but is Secretly Store's customer service still as responsive as they used to be? I emailed them to cancel an order yesterday morning and still have had no response. I remember they used to get back to me in an hour or two when I emailed before.
I'm not sure but last year when I asked them questions about hatchies new album and to cancel my radioactive variant as I decided to get a secretly membership for 3 months so I didn't need that other copy anymore. I felt like they responded pretty fast to my questions about the secretly membership. I think they might not be responding as fast as they used to.

I'm not sure but last year when I asked them questions about hatchies new album and to cancel my radioactive variant as I decided to get a secretly membership for 3 months so I didn't need that other copy anymore. I felt like they responded pretty fast to my questions about the secretly membership. I think they might not be responding as fast as they used to.
I actually just got a reply 5 minutes ago. So I'm all good now.

Back