Secretly Society

this is my first shipping notice from them in almost two years of membership other than the one time they didn't send me anything (and sent a notice after I emailed them).

I remember people saying Gordi Reservoir was way off. I wasn't a member then and there isn't a picture on Discogs for reference.

Not only was it off, it had QOTSA on side B! Thankfully they shipped everyone a new copy.

Listened to it once now and it is a pretty great record. The pre-release songs were a mixed back but they work much better within the album flow.
I actually only recently went through the Bright Eyes Discography for the first time and really really enjoyed it. So I'm pretty excited to hear this. (Going to save some pennies for the studio albums box set.)

I had originally skipped Eight Gates but I just streamed it and actually quite liked it. Is it typical for Jason Molina songs to just be a verse or two or is that because these were unfinished songs?

I had originally skipped Eight Gates but I just streamed it and actually quite liked it. Is it typical for Jason Molina songs to just be a verse or two or is that because these were unfinished songs?
those are all very unfinished or rough sketches.

Anyone get there August box yet?

I actually got a shipping notification for like the first time ever this month. Mine was just shipped this past Thursday. It's not tracking to get here until September 1st. I suspect it will be earlier than that though. May be last next week.

It shipped so late that my Le Ren could have been included in the shipment, but I couldn't add that any earlier than my September box when I ordered a couple months back.

Mine came on the 20th, which is about a 7-10 days later than normal. Le Ren was not with it.

I doubt Le Ren will be with mine. The earliest slot it let me pick was September. It also wasn't on the shipping notification email.

I was just saying with out late it shipped this month, it very well could have been included.

Historically, I have always gotten my boxes around the 8th to the 12th of the month on average.

Back