Secretly Society

Thinking about joining this one. Don't know why I haven't before..... But anyways if I sign up some time this month (July) will Khruangbin be my first record? Because I would like that very much.

I only got a ship notice from them the last time I ordered extra records and had them shipped with my ROTM.

Bleached came yesterday. Excited to spin it. Dug their last one.

I cancelled my pre-order since it's the club pick for next month. How does it sound?
It sounds good! Only this is that its a bit low(not sure the right word to use). As in I need to turn the volume up quite a bit louder than most of my other records to really hear it. Not sure if that makes sense lol.

It sounds good! Only this is that its a bit low(not sure the right word to use). As in I need to turn the volume up quite a bit louder than most of my other records to really hear it. Not sure if that makes sense lol.
Any idea how long the album is? I've had some records where there put about 50 minutes on one disc and I have to turn the volume up a bit compared to other records

New member question. Is it safe to assume that Bon Ivers new one won't be an AOTM?
It's hard to tell. Nothing ruled it out so it's still a possibility. My guess is that if it will be it will be September's. @Enoch asked on the Facebook group but hasn't gotten a response yet

It's worth noting that the announcements for the past couple came well after pre orders started for them.

It's hard to tell. Nothing ruled it out so it's still a possibility. My guess is that if it will be it will be September's. @Enoch asked on the Facebook group but hasn't gotten a response yet

It's worth noting that the announcements for the past couple came well after pre orders started for them.

Yeah, there was even member pricing for that Khruangbin, which was previously a great indicator of whether a release would be AOTM or not and yet here we are getting it in a month. So it's really up in the air nowadays.

It’s weird, all the recent albums they’ve put on the sub this year are kinda underhyped (Sharon and Khruangbin being exceptions).

All the albums I’d have loved to be monthly releases were nabbed by VMP (Stella Donnelly, Shura, Alex Cameron, Jamila Woods, Whitney).

Wonder if it’s just a case that VMP offer more money than they think they’d make from having it as a subscription pick, but by ignoring their larger releases they’re not widening their subscription base.

Back