Seattle / Tacoma / Washington

I'm like 95% sure I'm going to move to Vancouver, WA but does anyone know of a 1 bedroom apartment in seattle with parking for less than $1400?

Not to be a downer, but that is not going to happen. Seattle rents are insane these days. I live in Tacoma and you'd have a hard time finding a decent place with parking for that price HERE, let alone Seattle.
Seconded, I live in Tacoma too and you could find a place here for around that but The rental/real estate market here is super hot so you have to move lightning quick.

I'm like 95% sure I'm going to move to Vancouver, WA but does anyone know of a 1 bedroom apartment in seattle with parking for less than $1400?

You will love it out here. They say it rains a lot but I think on average you still get more rain in the gulf coast than we do here. Also there is no humidity even on the hottest days a lot of homes don’t even have Air Conditioning.

Good luck on your move. When you get to area hit me up and I will take you out for a beer.

Not to be a downer, but that is not going to happen. Seattle rents are insane these days. I live in Tacoma and you'd have a hard time finding a decent place with parking for that price HERE, let alone Seattle.
Seconded, I live in Tacoma too and you could find a place here for around that but The rental/real estate market here is super hot so you have to move lightning quick.
You will love it out here. They say it rains a lot but I think on average you still get more rain in the gulf coast than we do here. Also there is no humidity even on the hottest days a lot of homes don’t even have Air Conditioning.

Good luck on your move. When you get to area hit me up and I will take you out for a beer.

Yeah that's why I'll prbably go with Vancouver since it's a little cheaper and I can jump to Portland for no sales tax. I'll want that beer when I'm in the area for sure though

This city is a fucking trainwreck

One day I hope to see you seattleites at a local show. Thing is coming up; but I have no idea how I’d get my de la collection signed. I see blackalicious is doing their nia 20th in September. And in November Ali shaheed and Adrian younge will be back. In the meantime is got this signed last night. Showndid not disappoint!
image.jpg

Hey everyone!

I'm going to be in the PNW/Seattle region in mid-October for a trip for about a week. My girlfriend and I are planning on visiting Olympic and Mt Rainier to do some hiking. She lived in Port Orchard/Silverdale on the kitsap peninsula for 2 years so we're going to be staying around that area, which I think puts us in a good spot to visit the Olympic peninsula and venture into Seattle if we want to. We'll likely stay on kitsap for a few days and then move to around south Seattle/Rainier.

So, my ask is, if anyone is familar, what are some good hikes in ONP and Rainier that are doable in a day? 6 hours~ max total hike time. We're not hardcore and I know there are overnight hikes, but that's not us.

Also, any other recommendations for restaurants/record stores/breweries in and around Seattle/Greater Seattle would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

id recommend the alltrails app and pick the hikes you feel are best for your wants. as for record stores my favs to check out would be easy street, light in the attic, jive time, and everyday records. as for food and beer there as so many id just look up what type of food you want and youll always find a great list of dope spots ranked pretty well.

id recommend the alltrails app and pick the hikes you feel are best for your wants. as for record stores my favs to check out would be easy street, light in the attic, jive time, and everyday records. as for food and beer there as so many id just look up what type of food you want and youll always find a great list of dope spots ranked pretty well.
yeah I've been looking on alltrails, but there's like at least a thousand different ones in Western Washington. I wasn't sure if there were some that were better than others.

Hey everyone!

I'm going to be in the PNW/Seattle region in mid-October for a trip for about a week. My girlfriend and I are planning on visiting Olympic and Mt Rainier to do some hiking. She lived in Port Orchard/Silverdale on the kitsap peninsula for 2 years so we're going to be staying around that area, which I think puts us in a good spot to visit the Olympic peninsula and venture into Seattle if we want to. We'll likely stay on kitsap for a few days and then move to around south Seattle/Rainier.

So, my ask is, if anyone is familar, what are some good hikes in ONP and Rainier that are doable in a day? 6 hours~ max total hike time. We're not hardcore and I know there are overnight hikes, but that's not us.

Also, any other recommendations for restaurants/record stores/breweries in and around Seattle/Greater Seattle would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

There's a new record store in Silverdale. I haven't been to it but they sent the radio station some posters when they opened this year.
Rainy Day Records in Olympia is great.

i live in north bremerton, so a nearby store would be great. any pics of the poster? cant find anything on google about a new shop.

I don't see any of them at the moment(students prolly took them), but I'll keep my eyes open.

yeah I've been looking on alltrails, but there's like at least a thousand different ones in Western Washington. I wasn't sure if there were some that were better than others.
Rainier has 100's of great day hikes, but a few I've done recently that were fantastic were Comet Falls and Spray Falls. Both get crowded, so I'd plan on starting as early as possible to get parking. Comet Falls is near Paradise and took us about 3 hours roundtrip, and it does gain about fifteen hundred feet in elevation getting to the falls, but it isn't too taxing. If you want to push it a little harder, Van Trump Park is like a mile passed the falls (and another 500-700 feet of elevation). Right next to the trailhead is Christine Falls, which is visible from the road. Narada Falls is also nearby, and doesn't really require a hike, so you can see 3 pretty outstanding waterfalls for the price of 1. Spray Falls is near Mowich Lake - which is worth checking out on it's own, as it's a beautiful alpine lake - and is somewhere near 5 miles roundtrip. You can actually scramble up some rocks to the base of the falls for some unheard of photo ops. I don't remember there being much elevation gain on that hike, minus a quarter mile or less of switchbacks once you're near the falls. I'd recommend hiking around Paradise, but that area has become an absolute shit show for tourists. However, when you drive passed the parking area, there is a large sunken pasture type area that you'll loop around, and if you pull over and look carefully, you'll almost certainly see some wildlife. The last two times I looped around it I saw a bear and lots of marmots running around, so pull over and get out the binoculars.

All the hikes I've done in the ONP were over-nighters, so I can't help you much there.

Last edited:
There's a new record store in Silverdale. I haven't been to it but they sent the radio station some posters when they opened this year.
My bad, it's in Shelton. Bob’s Vintage Vinyl & Audio
Thank you!
Rainier has 100's of great day hikes, but a few I've done recently that were fantastic were Comet Falls and Spray Falls. Both get crowded, so I'd plan on starting as early as possible to get parking. Comet Falls is near Paradise and took us about 3 hours roundtrip, and it does gain about fifteen hundred feet in elevation getting to the falls, but it isn't too taxing. If you want to push it a little harder, Van Trump Park is like a mile passed the falls (and another 500-700 feet of elevation). Right next to the trailhead is Christine Falls, which is visible from the road. Narada Falls is also nearby, and doesn't really require a hike, so you can see 3 pretty outstanding waterfalls for the price of 1. Spray Falls is near Mowich Lake - which is worth checking out on it's own, as it's a beautiful alpine lake - and is somewhere near 5 miles roundtrip. You can actually scramble up some rocks to the base of the falls for some unheard of photo ops. I don't remember there being much elevation gain on that hike, minus a quarter mile or less of switchbacks once you're near the falls. I'd recommend hiking around Paradise, but that area has become an absolute shit show for tourists. However, when you drive passed the parking area, there is a large sunken pasture type area that you'll loop around, and if you pull over and look carefully, you'll almost certainly see some wildlife. The last two times I looped around it I saw a bear and lots of marmots running around, so pull over and get out the binoculars.

All the hikes I've done in the ONP were over-nighters, so I can't help you much there.
Perfect thank you!

Hey everyone!

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, if you wind up in Oly, hit Rainy Day.

As for Seattle shops, there are several different options. If you're looking for harder to find stuff and you're not as concerned about money, go to Day Break records in Fremont. Even though a friend owns it, I don't go in there quite as often, because I always see something that I want and don't want to pay for. RJ knows his stuff and he stocks some great stuff because of it. You're not going to find a lot of new releases there. This is a diggers shop with a lot of original pressings and that sort of thing.

For a good selection of new and used, I recommend Sonic Boom in Ballard. The prices are solid and they get all the new releases as well, so this is a great all purpose shop. I probably wind up there the most often. It's like the Camel Lights of shops for me, an easy go to that covers everything across the board. I'll always find something. Deep cuts, used gems, and brand new exclusives, etc.

The Light In The Attic shop is in the KEXP gathering area and is a great mix between the two, to an extent. They don't only carry LITA titles and stuff they distribute, although they do have all of that stuff and you can often find colored pressings and things that the label has sold out of on their website. That being said, Brad really takes time to curate their stock. They had an electronic music sale and I wound up getting a bunch of Arthur Russell albums, Finders Keepers releases, and stuff of that sort. I mean, the label reissued the Hosono albums, so you're going to find a lot of Japanese stuff like that or African records, etc. and the electronic isn't going to be all Skrillex and LCD Soundsystem, but Klaus Schulze, Raymond Scott, and Delia Derbyshire. Plus, if you time it right, KEXP has in-studio performances that you can attend, or shows in the main gathering area. You can see an example of both on YouTube

Yeah, if you wind up in Oly, hit Rainy Day.

As for Seattle shops, there are several different options. If you're looking for harder to find stuff and you're not as concerned about money, go to Day Break records in Fremont. Even though a friend owns it, I don't go in there quite as often, because I always see something that I want and don't want to pay for. RJ knows his stuff and he stocks some great stuff because of it. You're not going to find a lot of new releases there. This is a diggers shop with a lot of original pressings and that sort of thing.

For a good selection of new and used, I recommend Sonic Boom in Ballard. The prices are solid and they get all the new releases as well, so this is a great all purpose shop. I probably wind up there the most often. It's like the Camel Lights of shops for me, an easy go to that covers everything across the board. I'll always find something. Deep cuts, used gems, and brand new exclusives, etc.

The Light In The Attic shop is in the KEXP gathering area and is a great mix between the two, to an extent. They don't only carry LITA titles and stuff they distribute, although they do have all of that stuff and you can often find colored pressings and things that the label has sold out of on their website. That being said, Brad really takes time to curate their stock. They had an electronic music sale and I wound up getting a bunch of Arthur Russell albums, Finders Keepers releases, and stuff of that sort. I mean, the label reissued the Hosono albums, so you're going to find a lot of Japanese stuff like that or African records, etc. and the electronic isn't going to be all Skrillex and LCD Soundsystem, but Klaus Schulze, Raymond Scott, and Delia Derbyshire. Plus, if you time it right, KEXP has in-studio performances that you can attend, or shows in the main gathering area. You can see an example of both on YouTube
Excellent recommendations thank you!!

Excellent recommendations thank you!!

All 3 of them have instagram accounts, too. It might give you an idea of what they're like; Day Break especially. They post a ton of the crazy stuff they get in on there.

The Silver Platters in the SODO area is a pretty big place and probably worth going to, as well. They are an indie shop, but still have just slightly more of a Camelot / Sam Goody vibe to them than the other 3, in my opinion. It's a cool spot, though. The West Seattle bridge is right there, too, so if you did hit Silver Platters SODO, I'd probably want to go across the bridge and see Easy Street Records. I'm less of a fan of Easy Street myself, just because I think their pricing is inconsistent and the majority of the vinyl is relegated to the upstairs, for the most part. The Easy Street sign is, however, the one that they used for this year's Record Store Day images. Pearl Jam has played in there. It matters to people. It's just not a place that I make an effort to go to too often. But that's a personal preference. There's nothing wrong with it, but for the stuff I'm looking for and the prices, I feel like I have better options at my disposal in this town. Seattle is like that, where you can ask multiple different people and they all have their own local they frequent, because we have options like that.

OH! I like Spin Cycle on Capitol Hill, too. And if you're on the hill, there's Everyday, like @Benhawaii mentioned, with Zion's Gate right around the corner, but those guys WILL overprice everything. Wall Of Sound is a cool small shop up that way, too, so if you're trying to hit a few spots in a small area, you can do that. If you want a coffee, you can even go up the street to Porchlight and they have a small record section in there you can pick through.

Here are the IG accounts of the first 3

agreed - zions gate has some nice stuff but prices stupidly. must be focused on the newbie hispter college crowd in the area. shame really since ive seen some stuff id totally have bought if not for literally double the pricing.

All 3 of them have instagram accounts, too. It might give you an idea of what they're like; Day Break especially. They post a ton of the crazy stuff they get in on there.

The Silver Platters in the SODO area is a pretty big place and probably worth going to, as well. They are an indie shop, but still have just slightly more of a Camelot / Sam Goody vibe to them than the other 3, in my opinion. It's a cool spot, though. The West Seattle bridge is right there, too, so if you did hit Silver Platters SODO, I'd probably want to go across the bridge and see Easy Street Records. I'm less of a fan of Easy Street myself, just because I think their pricing is inconsistent and the majority of the vinyl is relegated to the upstairs, for the most part. The Easy Street sign is, however, the one that they used for this year's Record Store Day images. Pearl Jam has played in there. It matters to people. It's just not a place that I make an effort to go to too often. But that's a personal preference. There's nothing wrong with it, but for the stuff I'm looking for and the prices, I feel like I have better options at my disposal in this town. Seattle is like that, where you can ask multiple different people and they all have their own local they frequent, because we have options like that.

OH! I like Spin Cycle on Capitol Hill, too. And if you're on the hill, there's Everyday, like @Benhawaii mentioned, with Zion's Gate right around the corner, but those guys WILL overprice everything. Wall Of Sound is a cool small shop up that way, too, so if you're trying to hit a few spots in a small area, you can do that. If you want a coffee, you can even go up the street to Porchlight and they have a small record section in there you can pick through.

Here are the IG accounts of the first 3

Followed!

Also I think Daybreak had a copy of a long long out of print and extremely rare Mountain Goats album a while back. I remember it being in that kind of layout and I found it via a hashtag. I think I shouted at them and asked if they would ship and they said they wouldn’t.

Back