Seattle / Tacoma / Washington

I'm waiting to see how a media pass pans out via STG. Apparently, it's tight this year, but I'm hoping it works out. There's a lot happening around that time of year
You have PIF credit with me, so if you make it let me know and I'll buy you a pint at Browns.

as your kitsap managerial agent; its my duty to remind you that my wife and i will need press credentials also (and so i can get my de la albums signed...)

I'm waiting to see how a media pass pans out via STG. Apparently, it's tight this year, but I'm hoping it works out. There's a lot happening around that time of year

OK couple of things....

1. Thank you so much for your generous advice - I am from Melbourne and we take our coffee VEEEERY seriously but it's literally overwhelming how many great coffee places you've sent through. All have been added to Google Maps so I can see when I'm close to one.

If you ever wind up at Broadcast and it's warm out, maybe try a disco pony. I've only really hit the one on Roosevelt and 65th, because I have a friend there, but I drink a lot of those now that she turned me onto them
OK I also had to look this up and it sounds like I should hate it - but I will give it a go. We have a coffee down here called a 'Magic' - a double ristretto with about 5 ounces of milk. Shortish, strong and delicious. Now is it a Cortado in Seattle or a Gibraltar - or is that just a San Fran/LA thing??

For ice cream, I usually send people to Full Tilt (or Fainting Goat for gelato); haven't liked the consistency at Molly Moon for a few years. Bluebird, Cupcake Royale, and Parfait are all solid. There's also Frankie & Jo's or Seattle Cookie Counter for the vegans & you really can't tell the difference. I agree with all the previous comments about Southern food & biscuits, but also want to give a shout to Southern Biscuit Company. They were doing fine with the truck & the shop in Frelard is great. If you're in Seattle in June, every Sunday is a bagel pop-up by Loxsmith at Canterbury; best I've had in a long time & he's doing some fun flavor combinations and collaborations with local chefs for those who want more than an everything with lox & schmear.

Finally - imma be so goddamn fat by the end of this trip...

Thanks again - see you in 2 weeks!

EDIT: Oh one more thing - anyone checked out those new Vinyl bars just opened/opening up?
Revolver Bar and a new one, Molly's Bar apparently soft launching this week?

OK couple of things....

1. Thank you so much for your generous advice - I am from Melbourne and we take our coffee VEEEERY seriously but it's literally overwhelming how many great coffee places you've sent through. All have been added to Google Maps so I can see when I'm close to one.

OK I also had to look this up and it sounds like I should hate it - but I will give it a go. We have a coffee down here called a 'Magic' - a double ristretto with about 5 ounces of milk. Shortish, strong and delicious. Now is it a Cortado in Seattle or a Gibraltar - or is that just a San Fran/LA thing??

Finally - imma be so goddamn fat by the end of this trip...

Thanks again - see you in 2 weeks!

EDIT: Oh one more thing - anyone checked out those new Vinyl bars just opened/opening up?
Revolver Bar and a new one, Molly's Bar apparently soft launching this week?

I haven't been in the coffee game for almost 8 years, but I think the Gibraltar is 4oz or something. When I worked at Victrola, we'd have people come in from your area semi regularly. They held cuppings there, too.

As for the vinyl bars, I have a friend who does regular DJ nights at Revolver and I have a friend who works there, but I've never made it in. I don't make it out that way as much and I have a kid, but I should make the effort. Just based on who those two people are, alone, I'd say it's worth it.

Life On Mars just opened and I know the owner Steven. He also owns Neumos. I haven't been in there yet, either, but it literally just opened. The co-owner is John Richards from KEXP. John always seemed like the more senior DJ at the station and handles other positions there, as well, but he's not really my favorite, as far as his musical tastes. Steven is really excited about the venture, though, and he's always been really cool to me. It's definitely something that they believe it. If you have the time, I'd probably check it out. I'm planning to do it, when I have some time, myself.

You'll be here in two weeks, eh? I couldn't remember when you said you'd be out this way. Bill Callahan is this Saturday, but I'm sure something else will be happening in town when you come through.

I haven't been in the coffee game for almost 8 years, but I think the Gibraltar is 4oz or something. When I worked at Victrola, we'd have people come in from your area semi regularly. They held cuppings there, too.

As for the vinyl bars, I have a friend who does regular DJ nights at Revolver and I have a friend who works there, but I've never made it in. I don't make it out that way as much and I have a kid, but I should make the effort. Just based on who those two people are, alone, I'd say it's worth it.

Life On Mars just opened and I know the owner Steven. He also owns Neumos. I haven't been in there yet, either, but it literally just opened. The co-owner is John Richards from KEXP. John always seemed like the more senior DJ at the station and handles other positions there, as well, but he's not really my favorite, as far as his musical tastes. Steven is really excited about the venture, though, and he's always been really cool to me. It's definitely something that they believe it. If you have the time, I'd probably check it out. I'm planning to do it, when I have some time, myself.

You'll be here in two weeks, eh? I couldn't remember when you said you'd be out this way. Bill Callahan is this Saturday, but I'm sure something else will be happening in town when you come through.
Sorry Life on Mars was the one I was thinking of - yep literally just opened. Sounds like I need to check them all out!

Who's your favorite KEXP DJ?

Anybody going to this Seafood Fest in Ballard?

I wandered around a bit Sunday morning, after hitting the farmers market & Sonic Boom (anyone else get the Jeffrey Lewis print of David Berman Cartography with their Purple Mountains?), but left before the music started. I had to get to a bagel pop-up :)

I wandered around a bit Sunday morning, after hitting the farmers market & Sonic Boom (anyone else get the Jeffrey Lewis print of David Berman Cartography with their Purple Mountains?), but left before the music started. I had to get to a bagel pop-up :)

The cartography print is awesome! Super glad I went in on Friday since I thought the print was going to come with every copy, and not just the first 5-10 or whatever it ended up being.

I got the print. I had them hold one for me and grabbed it Friday.

Saw the Kyle Craft and Joy Formidable sets Saturday, but I would have hit up West Seattle, instead, if I was more on top of it. Yesterday, I caught the Rodrigo Y Gabriella set at the KEXP gathering space and, today, I just got back from the Cate Le Bon in-studio.

I'm like 95% sure I'm going to move to Vancouver, WA but does anyone know of a 1 bedroom apartment in seattle with parking for less than $1400?

Not to be a downer, but that is not going to happen. Seattle rents are insane these days. I live in Tacoma and you'd have a hard time finding a decent place with parking for that price HERE, let alone Seattle.

Back