Seattle / Tacoma / Washington

good looks on that real estate show. i moved out here two years ago after living in vegas and tattooing on the strip for ten years. ill definitely be there! if anyone wants to link up from here my digits are 808-428-3108. aloha!

also anyone get tix for the talib kweli show coming up? supposed to be a precursor to that new black star album and i hear mos is on tour also with him...

good looks on that real estate show. i moved out here two years ago after living in vegas and tattooing on the strip for ten years. ill definitely be there! if anyone wants to link up from here my digits are 808-428-3108. aloha!
I will be the white middle-aged guy with a beard. Should be super easy to find. When ya see me say hey and I’ll buy ya a beer ;)

some producer friends ive tattooed. hit or miss; but they are showing up together in spots; plus its that new album so... im crossing fingers and bringing vinyl to sign

Where are you hearing that Mos is with him? If that's true, I'll get my act together

@tenderlovingkiller I asked a few dudes at the show if they were you; much to puzzled looks. so i gave up. we were standing right by security to the left of the stage. decent venue - but their sounds was garbage. couldnt hear the keyboards and the mids and vocals were shit. nice venue - but would be better if they learned how to dim the lights. the whole setup made me think i was at an awkward high school dance, too much light in the crowd, and the wooden walls resemble the gym bleachers all folded back.

and i, really having trouble at shows now when mfers just come in late, stand right the fuck in front of you and all they do is talk, whip out their phones, and browse / take videos all night. jesus, are concerts for hipsters just for social posting to say "hey, i did that!"?

did manage to get my og real estate albums signed though by the band; security was in no rush to get me out thankfully.

@tenderlovingkiller I asked a few dudes at the show if they were you; much to puzzled looks. so i gave up. we were standing right by security to the left of the stage. decent venue - but their sounds was garbage. couldnt hear the keyboards and the mids and vocals were shit. nice venue - but would be better if they learned how to dim the lights. the whole setup made me think i was at an awkward high school dance, too much light in the crowd, and the wooden walls resemble the gym bleachers all folded back.

and i, really having trouble at shows now when mfers just come in late, stand right the fuck in front of you and all they do is talk, whip out their phones, and browse / take videos all night. jesus, are concerts for hipsters just for social posting to say "hey, i did that!"?

did manage to get my og real estate albums signed though by the band; security was in no rush to get me out thankfully.
Yeah, We got there super early and got a table. I thought it sounded good but we were further back in the venue. I do agree about the lighting. It’s been like that for every show I’ve been to but this was the first time the band actually tried to address it (to no avail). We were up close to the stage for the Wolf Parade show and had a similar experience that you were describing with entitled ass hats showing up late and thinking they could stand right in front of my SO (security actually had to separate me from a fucker during the show because he was being such a dick to my girlfriend I had to confront him in not so friendly terms, he did apologize and move on but still common concert etiquette is appreciated). That’s awesome you got your album signed. I gotta talk with Alex Bleeker for a few minutes before the show so that was kinda cool. You weren’t the guy I accidentally stepped in front of while waiting to get into the venue were ya? I accidentally stepped in front of a dude (who seemed like he could have been with a brother) but I didn’t see and discernible tattoos so I hope it wasn’t you. Regardless, we had a great time.

here’s a photo my GF took of me at the show. So next time you will be able to gimme a nod if you make it to another show...

Holy shit dude; that was you?! Yeah, I'd had a few hipsters cut me off at the entrance, in line and then when ou stood in front of me I came with the sarcasm right way, lol. Sorry man - just had run out of patience and gave you the "oh youre gonna stand right in front of me?" line... I was in a sweatshirt and jeans - I like to be able to hide all my ink in public. Man, I wish I hd known it was you - the vibe was all about being seen instead of shutting the fuck up and listenign to a show we all waited and paid for. The show was good though and the venue wasnt bad - just the audience nowadays seems focused on trending too much.

Hit me up if you're going to the Talib show - I'll buy you a beer for my lack of patience.

Yeah, We got there super early and got a table. I thought it sounded good but we were further back in the venue. I do agree about the lighting. It’s been like that for every show I’ve been to but this was the first time the band actually tried to address it (to no avail). We were up close to the stage for the Wolf Parade show and had a similar experience that you were describing with entitled ass hats showing up late and thinking they could stand right in front of my SO (security actually had to separate me from a fucker during the show because he was being such a dick to my girlfriend I had to confront him in not so friendly terms, he did apologize and move on but still common concert etiquette is appreciated). That’s awesome you got your album signed. I gotta talk with Alex Bleeker for a few minutes before the show so that was kinda cool. You weren’t the guy I accidentally stepped in front of while waiting to get into the venue were ya? I accidentally stepped in front of a dude (who seemed like he could have been with a brother) but I didn’t see and discernible tattoos so I hope it wasn’t you. Regardless, we had a great time.

here’s a photo my GF took of me at the show. So next time you will be able to gimme a nod if you make it to another show...

View attachment 4176

Hey Pacific north-westers (did I say that right?)

I'm coming to visit a good buddy of mine (fellow Aussie) who has been living in Seattle for 8+ years now, he's got a great place in Mt Baker area. Looking forward to 4th July in your great city!

So - apart from your magnificent weed - what else should I be sampling when I am there? I am keen on record stores, great bars, restaurants etc. I've already eaten/drunk at:

- Radiator Whisky (OMG!)
- Salumi
- Lindas
- that amazing rum bar I can't remember the name of not far from Linda's... I think...

Send me your local faves - especially record stores...

Hey Pacific north-westers (did I say that right?)

I'm coming to visit a good buddy of mine (fellow Aussie) who has been living in Seattle for 8+ years now, he's got a great place in Mt Baker area. Looking forward to 4th July in your great city!

So - apart from your magnificent weed - what else should I be sampling when I am there? I am keen on record stores, great bars, restaurants etc. I've already eaten/drunk at:

- Radiator Whisky (OMG!)
- Salumi
- Lindas
- that amazing rum bar I can't remember the name of not far from Linda's... I think...

Send me your local faves - especially record stores...
Salumi never gets old, but here are a few others worth the travels:

Junebaby - Southern Food in Ravenna. This is a given, as the place is run by James Beard award winner, Eduardo Jordan, and it does not disappoint. Show up early unless you want to wait in line for a bit. Smoked carrots and fried pig ears are musts every time I go.

Kedai Makan - Malaysian Food in Cap. Hill. Again, seating is limited so get there early. If you're starving, this place is a dream come true. The Malaysian fried rice is something I could eat daily, and if you're adventurous, the frog legs are like nothing I've ever had.

Fonda La Catrina - Mexican Food in Georgetown. My personal favorite spot for Mexican food, and there are lots of fun neighboring bars (Smarty Pants - great sandwiches) and breweries (Manny's).

Un Bien - Sandwiches in Ballard. Cheap, and insanely good. If the corn is there you can't pass that up, and the pork sandwich never gets old.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Holy shit dude; that was you?! Yeah, I'd had a few hipsters cut me off at the entrance, in line and then when ou stood in front of me I came with the sarcasm right way, lol. Sorry man - just had run out of patience and gave you the "oh youre gonna stand right in front of me?" line... I was in a sweatshirt and jeans - I like to be able to hide all my ink in public. Man, I wish I hd known it was you - the vibe was all about being seen instead of shutting the fuck up and listenign to a show we all waited and paid for. The show was good though and the venue wasnt bad - just the audience nowadays seems focused on trending too much.

Hit me up if you're going to the Talib show - I'll buy you a beer for my lack of patience.
LOL, aw man! I felt like an such an ass. I genuinely didn’t see you there. I had been standing in line for over an hour and they changed the line all the sudden and there were all these people rushing over, I was trying to make my way over and get out of the way but I came at the line from the opposite side and swear to god didn’t see you guys. Funny thing was after you guys took off I leaned over to my GF and said god, I hope that wasn’t the dude from the new forum, cause if it was he is gonna think I am such an asshole. I just accidentally cut in front of him and she said oh, what are the odds. Well, I owe you at least a drink and hey now that we have been informally introduced I will know who to I lookin’ for. Though, next time I will remember to look behind me also.

Last edited:
Salumi never gets old, but here are a few others worth the travels:

Junebaby - Southern Food in Ravenna. This is a given, as the place is run by James Beard award winner, Eduardo Jordan, and it does not disappoint. Show up early unless you want to wait in line for a bit. Smoked carrots and fried pig ears are musts every time I go.

Kedai Makan - Malaysian Food in Cap. Hill. Again, seating is limited so get there early. If you're starving, this place is a dream come true. The Malaysian fried rice is something I could eat daily, and if you're adventurous, the frog legs are like nothing I've ever had.

Fonda La Catrina - Mexican Food in Georgetown. My personal favorite spot for Mexican food, and there are lots of fun neighboring bars (Smarty Pants - great sandwiches) and breweries (Manny's).

Un Bien - Sandwiches in Ballard. Cheap, and insanely good. If the corn is there you can't pass that up, and the pork sandwich never gets old.

Hope this helps.
Thanks so much!! This is awesome...

Anyone love/hate any record stores and want to share?

Thanks so much!! This is awesome...

Anyone love/hate any record stores and want to share?
Sonic Boom, Easy Street, Silver Platters are the “big” ones there are others probably worthwhile ( @Dead C would be a good person to ask) If for some reason you decide to head south (maybe a trip to Portland) we have a nice one in Tacoma called Hi-Voltage Records and Olympia has Rainy Day Record’s (As an Aussie, if you want a “fun” Courtney Barnett related souvenir a t-shirt from Rainy Day Records might be a nice pick up also)

Sonic Boom, Easy Street, Silver Platters are the “big” ones there are others probably worthwhile ( @Dead C would be a good person to ask) If for some reason you decide to head south (maybe a trip to Portland) we have a nice one in Tacoma called Hi-Voltage Records and Olympia has Rainy Day Record’s (As an Aussie, if you want a “fun” Courtney Barnett related souvenir a t-shirt from Rainy Day Records might be a nice pick up also)
View attachment 4434
All those are great choices. Georgetown also has a small used record store that's attached to Fantagraphics Bookstore, which is a fun place to burn some money.

View attachment 4434

@AngryVal Hit up KEXP. Light In The Attic has a store there. It looks more like a newsstand. They not only sell all of the LITA titles, as well as everything they distribute, but they also sell everything else. Brad curates it extremely well. It's in the gathering space for the station, so if you've seen the King Gizz KEXP set, for example, that's where they held it. Depending on the day, you can check out in studio sessions, as well.

If you need any other record shop suggestions, I can give you a ton. I also used to live in Oly and I love Rainy Day.

@AngryVal Hit up KEXP. Light In The Attic has a store there. It looks more like a newsstand. They not only sell all of the LITA titles, as well as everything they distribute, but they also sell everything else. Brad curates it extremely well. It's in the gathering space for the station, so if you've seen the King Gizz KEXP set, for example, that's where they held it. Depending on the day, you can check out in studio sessions, as well.

If you need any other record shop suggestions, I can give you a ton. I also used to live in Oly and I love Rainy Day.
@AngryVal +1 for KEXP/LITA - definitely catch an in studio performance if you can, and the coffee shop there is where I think the best coffee in Seattle is. They change coffee sources every month but the baristas there are top notch and its a stellar cup every time. That said, Valhalla in Tacoma is better than anything here tho, that's what I send back to family asking for "Seattle coffee."

Lots of love for JuneBaby and Kedai Makan, too. I would also grab a biscuit at Morsel in the U District. The biscuit game is surprisingly fierce here and, judging solely on the biscuit itself, I'd say Morsel has the edge (breakfast/lunch hours only). With slightly lesser biscuits but a much larger menu of treats, The Wandering Goose in Capitol Hill is a great place to get fried chicken/biscuit/gravy and cake the size of a small car tire (breakfast/lunch hours except Friday night fried chicken supper). Not to be missed are their biscuit cinnamon rolls.

Back