sad, beautiful, tragic: the n&g taylor swift thread

Streaming evermore right now and thus far I like what I'm hearing but it's just not hitting me right in the feels like Folklore did when I first listened to it.

I’m really liking it, but at risk of sounding like a prude (and I said this last time), does she really have to cuss so much? Hard to enjoy these albums in the house when I’m having to cough through all the swears when kids are in the room. We get it, the parental advisory sticker looks so good on the cover!

Last edited:
I get the feelings, this is much more in my proverbial Taylor sweet-spot though. I like poppy and even a bit of country in there and as much as Folklore has grown on me (especially spinning it, it gained a lot to me from that experience), this is much more my speed without losing the Folklore connection. It's clearly a sister album from the same process but it almost reminds me of "first album" Taylor Swift sounds in spots.

Edit: no body no crime feels like a song that could show up on a Miranda Lambert or Dixie Chicks album. Happiness is hitting like a softly song somber truck too. I like this a good amount more than Folklore. Admittedly I'm going to be in the minority.

Last edited:
Streaming evermore right now and thus far I like what I'm hearing but it's just not hitting me right in the feels like Folklore did when I first listened to it.
I'm digging it, but agree with you. I think I grabbed it in part because of its "slice in time" so to speak, this whole thing came about due to COVID, I'm still convinced this was all done during the Long Pond Folklore session, so it really does go together.
I’m really liking it, but at risk of sounding like a prude (and I said this last time), does she really have to cuss so much? Hard to play enjoy these albums in the house when I’m having to cough through all the swears when kids are in the room. We get it, the parental advisory sticker looks so good on the cover!
Its funny, not that I'm an uber fan, but it is odd seeing that label on a TS album, funnier yet, that she's selling the CD in the standard version and "Clean" version, lol

I don’t like the overuse of GD. It’s one swear I don’t use and don’t like to use.... that’s my only complaint really. I mean I have 0 control if it’s in the song, but it makes me not want to get the vinyl variant as I don’t really like it I’ll have to listen to the rest.... may just get the cd for this idk.

Anybody else scared to pull the trigger because you think three days from now she will release 87 variants that will all be "must have"?

I'm in the same situation. I'll give it two or three weeks to see if they announce another eight editions to choose.

The only song I don't like is "No body no crime", but the rest is really good. "Happiness" and "Closure" are my favorite two right now.

I'm in the same situation. I'll give it two or three weeks to see if they announce another eight editions to choose.

The only song I don't like is "No body no crime", but the rest is really good. "Happiness" and "Closure" are my favorite two right now.
That's one of the best songs on the album imo.

Welp thought a UPS delivery today was my folklore delivery. Nope...it was the Janelle Monae restock I ordered a few days ago...

4q0amx.jpg

I went ahead and ordered the vinyl even though I easily could have waited. I'm sure there will be more merch drops that'll include other editions (or singles, or signed things, or whatever). The wait for this vinyl is gonna be a loooong one, but in the meantime really enjoying streaming it. Just wish I could hear those extra tracks.

I think evermore is destined to be the lesser talked about of the two releases, which seems to happen all the time when an artist does this. But, for what its worth, I think there's just as much richness and greatness on evermore. It's more varied, a little more energetic, and overall more of what I feel I expected on folklore. However, I'm very used to the flow of folklore and at this moment I feel it's the more whole-sounding album of the two.

To add some data to the mix, I received notification my order had been processed on November 17; it was delivered earlier this week (12/7). There were no communications between the processing notification and (after-the-fact) email confirming that delivery had occurred.

It doesn’t have the shock of the new of folklore, but woweee does she have a knack for amazingly memorable melodies

The sound seems a lot ‘fuller’ than its predecessor, with more going on in the mix, some decidedly deliberately different time signatures, and more storytelling and a less personal lyrical approach

She’s only just turned 31 and has NINE albums under her belt

What a star

Back