sad, beautiful, tragic: the n&g taylor swift thread

Purchased the album and was hoping to have received the digital version by now (from the email I received confirming my purchase: "Digital standard edition of the folklore album will be sent to the e-mail address supplied at checkout on release date, july 24, 2020.") I'll just have to be patient! Also, just (finally!) watched 'Miss Americana.' Highly recommended for anyone with even a passing interest in Taylor Swift, the person and the artist. To your headlining adjectives, I'd add intelligent and immensely talented.

Oh well, yes thank you 🌬🌿🍃
Starting the morning on the right foot.

Last edited:
Purchased the album and was hoping to have received the digital version by now (from the email I received confirming my purchase: "Digital standard edition of the folklore album will be sent to the e-mail address supplied at checkout on release date, july 24, 2020.") I'll just have to be patient! Also, just (finally!) watched 'Miss Americana.' Highly recommended for anyone with even a passing interest in Taylor Swift, the person and the artist. To your headlining adjectives, I'd add intelligent and immensely talented.
I'm probably a reluctant, closet TS "fan", my daughters love her so I've heard all her music through 1989 in abundance, I gotta say I do prefer her more "country" calm stuff, but there are exception, I do enjoy the poppy Shake it Off, the video especially. All that being said, my response was actually about Miss Americana, very good watch and I can appreciate her a bit more as a person, which is the part most of us "fans" seem to ignore with our entertainment folks.

Last edited:
Finally a T Swift thread!

I really loved her last album, Lover. But I was not expecting Folklore. It's an even further example of how good of an artist she is. I never expected to be a fan, but that last record won me over hard. Folklore isn't as fun as I want, but I still love the direction she went in. When I listened to her past albums, I could hear her talent all over the non-single album tracks and I wished people would give her chance. Now I feel like more people are going to give her that chance, and I'm happy about that. I don't expect fans of this one to necessarily enjoy her past work, but if people's minds are open enough, I think maybe they'd be pleasantly surprised.

I am very pleasantly surprised by the direction and quality of this album. I'm more of a "casual" TS fan (even though I own 4 of her albums and bought 2 variants of the one yesterday - lol), so I am very glad that it is such a enjoyable album.

Again, I'm not a die hard by any means, but can see how some people/society are just hell bent on tearing down the "squeaky-clean" sometimes, just because. I'm sure she has her faults, but in the grand scheme of things, she's a very talented artist who had to deal with the usual pitfalls of stardom.......a really fast rise in her case.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how the Speak Now and Red pressings are? They've been on the list a while, but I keep hearing they sound "not so good". Are there pressings worth looking for?

Has anyone who purchased the album on vinyl received the digital download? Just wondering how that's supposed to work. Really want to listen to this and I don't subscribe to any streaming services.

Can anyone tell me how the Speak Now and Red pressings are? They've been on the list a while, but I keep hearing they sound "not so good". Are there pressings worth looking for?
I have Red and it sounds pretty decent. No complaints but it’s not like the greatest sound ever. I think 1989 sounds amazing, just as a comparison.

Has anyone who purchased the album on vinyl received the digital download? Just wondering how that's supposed to work. Really want to listen to this and I don't subscribe to any streaming services.
Yeah I got mine a few hours ago.

Not yet, been streaming it on Spotify this morning.............really enjoying it.

Shes released the whole album on her youtube channel. Thats a decent option if you are struggling to find it

Back