sad, beautiful, tragic: the n&g taylor swift thread

Can anyone who has achieved a vinyl copy of Folklore comment on the sound quality? I’d very much like to get the LP, but the user reviews on Discogs are a bit all over the place. They generally push the idea that the standard edition is something of an atrocity, while the limited run variants are very nice if not quite audiophile should you get a well-pressed copy. If you don’t, again, an atrocity. Given that the only copies I can currently find available in Canada are going for approximately $90, I really don’t want to play roulette with this purchase (as much as possible when purchasing new vinyl, at least). Your thoughts and experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Can anyone who has achieved a vinyl copy of Folklore comment on the sound quality? I’d very much like to get the LP, but the user reviews on Discogs are a bit all over the place. They generally push the idea that the standard edition is something of an atrocity, while the limited run variants are very nice if not quite audiophile should you get a well-pressed copy. If you don’t, again, an atrocity. Given that the only copies I can currently find available in Canada are going for approximately $90, I really don’t want to play roulette with this purchase (as much as possible when purchasing new vinyl, at least). Your thoughts and experiences would be greatly appreciated!
I have one of the limited edition ones and it sounds fantastic almost all the way through. There is one side that just has noise all in the press. I think it's Side C? It's not bad, but sounds worse since the rest of it sounds so good.

I would agree I was pleasantly surprised by the limited run variant, I would agree "not quite audiophile" but good is a fair characterization. Don't have a standard press to compare.

I have one of the limited edition ones and it sounds fantastic almost all the way through. There is one side that just has noise all in the press. I think it's Side C? It's not bad, but sounds worse since the rest of it sounds so good.
I would agree I was pleasantly surprised by the limited run variant, I would agree "not quite audiophile" but good is a fair characterization. Don't have a standard press to compare.
I've played a Target exclusive copy that sounds very good to me.
Thank you kindly for the input! I feel safer going for one of the limited runs now. Of the variant editions, looks like I can nab either green or pink. Same price, both cut by Ryan Smith. Guess it’s just down to aesthetics then.

Yeah agreed with what’s above. It sounds better than I thought it would. I have two variants and both are real nice.

So, how does everyone feel about the new Fearless? As someone who is a newer Taylor Swift fan (Red-evermore), I have nothing to compare it to. I was never interested in her earlier stuff. But hey, I do dig this. I didn't realize how many of these songs I already knew. I think it'll grow on me. It doesn't quite hit right away the way the albums of hers I love do, but I think it's a pretty solid work - and it gives you so damn much material. I mean, fans are real blessed... two new albums in one year, a complete remake the next... her work ethic is insane.

Fearless Taylor’s Version is back up on her site.

Good to hear, I just popped in to see if ANYONE had gotten any notices :)
I didn’t get a notice but had to check the order link from the initial purchase email to find my tracking number.

With all the cheaper places to buy this, I’m crossing my fingers for getting something like a signed copy to reward us for sticking with it, but probably nah.

I didn’t get a notice but had to check the order link from the initial purchase email to find my tracking number.

With all the cheaper places to buy this, I’m crossing my fingers for getting something like a signed copy to reward us for sticking with it, but probably nah.
.............don't hold your breath ;)

Update:

Went to my original order as you mentioned, sure enough, a tracking number. Checked the tracking number and it said delivered May 26th.......looked out on the stoop and whadya know, lol
Fresh-Grabs.jpg

I’m sure we will get some nice fern tree cutouts or leaves or something like her other recent offerings

Back