sad, beautiful, tragic: the n&g taylor swift thread

Would it be a good time to sell it then? A least make the money back you spent on it? I saw how much it’s being listed for?
I sold off all my RA albums a few years ago when his scumbag behavior was brought to light so IMO it's a great time to sell! All of his stuff goes for big bucks.

There's enough differences in the new version to enjoy it. I can definitely understand her better as the production feels like it centers more on her vocals. My oldest says there's a lot of online chatter that it feels too AI sounding for some people.

I sold off all my RA albums a few years ago when his scumbag behavior was brought to light so IMO it's a great time to sell! All of his stuff goes for big bucks.
I wonder if I should pop to my local or try to sell on Discogs idk…. My local may only give me so and so much (which I’m fine with I’ve gotten my money’s worth).

my Speak Now took about two weeks to ship as well. i presume there's just a lot of orders to fill and mine was pretty late in the preorder cycle, so not worried yet

Question about TS Grammy acceptance speech and announcement of new album (and not critique of how she announced it; I don't care how she announced it and I'm erring on the side of not being cynical - i.e. reading it as a gift announcement to her fans that she credited with her Grammy win and not a great marketing strategy where she had a captive audience to announce the album, although probably of mix of both)....

She said she held the "secret" for two years or so in her acceptance speech. Midnights came out in Oct '22 so she had the TTPD in the barrel that long (maybe or maybe not fully recorded but at least a rough timeline and conceptualized)?

<break break>

I went on a bit of a TS journey recently. I have a friend who is a big TS fan - went to the Eras tour, any gifs in our WhatsApp chat are usually TS-related. Anyway, I was only familiar with folklore, evermore, Midnights and the singles but had never really given her other albums a listen (again, outside of the singles). I got into via folklore simply because of the rave reviews and they were accurate - stellar album and I thought evermore and Midnights were great too. Although I wasn't really inspired by The National-adjacent cred as I'm sure some were, as The National have never really done much for me.

But I ended downloading Hi-res versions of 1989, Lover, Red, and Reputation (I stayed away from the country-pop early stuff because, while I like pop and just hadn't ever listened to TS albums, I do not care for country-pop in general so I'm not sure any artist would sway me).

Great listens! Again, only being familiar with singles from the albums ('cause how could you avoid them, right?), I thought they were, more or less, cohesive listens. And I'm really an album-oriented listener. The only time I listen to mixes/shuffle is when I am working out or out-and-about with earbuds. But my general listen is to listen to a full album. TS really makes great albums and non-single songs that are often better than the singles. For example, I believe Out of the Woods off of 1989 was only a promotional single (? Swifties can correct me if I'm wrong); nevertheless, I'd never heard it and don't think it would be considered a "signature" song (again, await any corrections from those in the know); but, boy, that song is one of my faves of her's. The vocal back n' forths of "Are we out of the woods yet? Are we in the clear yet?" are so satisfying.

Now, having given (again, excluding the early pop-country albums and will possibly relent to any strong arguments as to why I should abandon this approach) Red through Midnights ample listens here is my very unofficial, gut-reaction (as I haven't had a lot of time with some of the albums) rankings (best to least best:

1. 1989
2. folklore
3. Red
4. Midnights
5. evermore
6. Reputation
7. Lover

Question about TS Grammy acceptance speech and announcement of new album (and not critique of how she announced it; I don't care how she announced it and I'm erring on the side of not being cynical - i.e. reading it as a gift announcement to her fans that she credited with her Grammy win and not a great marketing strategy where she had a captive audience to announce the album, although probably of mix of both)....

She said she held the "secret" for two years or so in her acceptance speech. Midnights came out in Oct '22 so she had the TTPD in the barrel that long (maybe or maybe not fully recorded but at least a rough timeline and conceptualized)?

<break break>

I went on a bit of a TS journey recently. I have a friend who is a big TS fan - went to the Eras tour, any gifs in our WhatsApp chat are usually TS-related. Anyway, I was only familiar with folklore, evermore, Midnights and the singles but had never really given her other albums a listen (again, outside of the singles). I got into via folklore simply because of the rave reviews and they were accurate - stellar album and I thought evermore and Midnights were great too. Although I wasn't really inspired by The National-adjacent cred as I'm sure some were, as The National have never really done much for me.

But I ended downloading Hi-res versions of 1989, Lover, Red, and Reputation (I stayed away from the country-pop early stuff because, while I like pop and just hadn't ever listened to TS albums, I do not care for country-pop in general so I'm not sure any artist would sway me).

Great listens! Again, only being familiar with singles from the albums ('cause how could you avoid them, right?), I thought they were, more or less, cohesive listens. And I'm really an album-oriented listener. The only time I listen to mixes/shuffle is when I am working out or out-and-about with earbuds. But my general listen is to listen to a full album. TS really makes great albums and non-single songs that are often better than the singles. For example, I believe Out of the Woods off of 1989 was only a promotional single (? Swifties can correct me if I'm wrong); nevertheless, I'd never heard it and don't think it would be considered a "signature" song (again, await any corrections from those in the know); but, boy, that song is one of my faves of her's. The vocal back n' forths of "Are we out of the woods yet? Are we in the clear yet?" are so satisfying.

Now, having given (again, excluding the early pop-country albums and will possibly relent to any strong arguments as to why I should abandon this approach) Red through Midnights ample listens here is my very unofficial, gut-reaction (as I haven't had a lot of time with some of the albums) rankings (best to least best:

1. 1989
2. folklore
3. Red
4. Midnights
5. evermore
6. Reputation
7. Lover

Not far off where I’d be either. I’d probably switch red and folklore and reputation and lover but in the same basic ball park.

Not far off where I’d be either. I’d probably switch red and folklore and reputation and lover but in the same basic ball park.
Funny enough, those were the only two (red & folklore) that I spent any time deliberating. Because I did it from the guy and shooting from the hip, those were my immediate feelings about where they should be. But those two did give me pause.

Reputation and Lover could also be interchangeable for me but for a different reason. While folklore and Red are interchangeable because they are competitive with one another, Lover and Reputation could be interchangeable because the listens had less of an impact on me. Again, consistently great albums in her catalog but even those great albums are overshadowed by IMO behemoth albums from her.

Back