RSD 2020

I'm never able to do RSD (no local stores near me), so if either of these happen this year, can one of the forum homies promise to try to secure a copy for me please?
also legit i have no local stores near me (the only one in my city is a used store), and i would pay you if it turns out there is like an essential release thats put on RSD

I'll be your huckleberry.
You're da bomb.
Here is a cute piggy to thank you
80xY.gif

Nobody will care (except maybe @ChristoBee) but Etienne Daho will be the French RSD ambassador in 2020. He also revealed that he will release something special but didn't said what. Interesting information isn't it?

Also, I updated the first post with links to participating countries.

Nobody will care (except maybe @ChristoBee) but Etienne Daho will be the French RSD ambassador in 2020. He also revealed that he will release something special but didn't said what. Interesting information isn't it?

Sorry never been a fan of Daho. Not really my jam.

Late Night Tales RSD exclusive to be released according to their IG account :

View attachment 31147
I care - for both! 🤩

You just gotta love the French for naming it Disquaire Day - being serious here. 🇫🇷
But why mixing French and English here? If you trying to preserve your sanctuary?

Last edited:
I care - for both! 🤩

You just gotta love the French for naming it Disquaire Day - being serious here. 🇫🇷
But why mixing French and English here? If you trying to preserve your sanctuary?

In France, you must add a little * translating every single word written in any other language than French. I suppose CALIF, the company behind RSD in France, Belgium and Luxembourg, didn't want to have to translate RSD in every advertisement and decided to change the name to Disquaire Day (or maybe not since they left Day). I don't know, let's say we are in France and close the discussion :p

Maybe, they release a few 7'' every year and I could see Daho participate in one of these.

Fingers crossed! I managed to get 2 last year and really enjoyed them 💥

The concept is great, I'm wondering why it's not been picked by other countries: A duet of artists play a few exclusive tracks live, directly recorded on acetate, and released for RSD at 200 hand-numbered copies.

Anyone got something similar in their countries for RSD? At least I've never seen it in UK/Ireland. Looks like something Third Man could do for the US?

I have been digging around the interwebs and here is what I have found:

Confirmed via sources:

Steve Morano - Brick Lane 12"

John Lennon Instant Karma 50th Anniversary Ultimate Remix (from original multitracks)

CHANGESNOWBOWIE LIMITED EDITION NINE TRACK LP

Other People's Hearts: B-Sides 1988-1989

Steven Wilson, two reissues (source: SW's Twitter) (Found on Steve Hoffman Forums post by jif)
"News soon on @recordstoreday releases of 2 classic album remixes, neither of which have been issued before, but also most importantly (at least to me!) the new album project I've been working on for the last 2 years..."

Last edited:
Back