Return of defective LP denied due to conflicting viewpoint on what a defective LP is considered.

so if you have a warped album you bought from them, do they flatten it for you or do they offer flattening of records as a service you pay for? the latter is a revenue generator and in no way backs up your perspective on this.
They will fix the records if the supplier does not replace the warped record.
I wouldn't hassle a local shop about any of those records you presented. Those aren't even "bad" warps. You should see some of the shitty pressed records I have received lately.
They were binned. I lately bought new ones that were alot worse, dish shaped.

so if you have a warped album you bought from them, do they flatten it for you or do they offer flattening of records as a service you pay for? the latter is a revenue generator and in no way backs up your perspective on this.
The machine is primarily purchased to be used for records that are difficult to replace in the event of a regular return-request to the supplier. There can also be used records that we can straighten as a paid service for customers.
Exactly THAT is zero problem.
But as a general rule, we can not use it to handle general complaints because it is obviously extremely time consuming. ( meaning if i contact them about a record that i just bought, , they will then contact their supplier to get a return or tell me that im too picky) Since its a 4 hour job to flatten a warped record. )

They will charge 9USD pr record ( used, not storebought etc)

Last edited:
They were alot worse than what the video showed.
Did they play without audible issue? What was your concern? Your cartridge, your stylus? It is a fools errand in our current environment to toss records until you get a “perfect” one. I was once like you, expecting every record to be absolutely perfect, but that is not vinyl. Buy CDs if that is what you want.

Did they play without audible issue? What was your concern? Your cartridge, your stylus? It is a fools errand in our current environment to toss records until you get a “perfect” one. I was once like you, expecting every record to be absolutely perfect, but that is not vinyl. Buy CDs if that is what you want.
Yep, mainly cartridge. Does it wear down the suspension?
And does edgewarps also do that?

Ait. I will try to live with it myself too.
Sorry for beeing a picky perfectionist.

Ill ease down..
And i will be more accepting from now on.
At the end of the day, there are certain things that are unacceptable (cracks, scratches, large warps, ripped sleeves). I started out with a perfectionist mindset, but it was eroding what enjoyment I was getting out of the hobby and I was analyzing everything with a fine-tooth comb. This in turn was causing more stress. It's an imperfect medium and took me a while to accept that.

maxresdefault.jpg

There’s not a single LP on here that I’d even come close to complaining about and is happily drop my stylus on them all. I regularly get 18 months to 2 years on a stylus with heavy playing and after 9 years have had no bearing issues on my turntable. Honestly, as a small local business, I’d come very close to black listing a customer that repeatedly tried to return records like that unless they were spending silly money.

Back