Restocks/Represses

Stumbled upon this by accident just now thank you! I gave up after seeing this in here a while back and constantly checking the site for more. Hopefully it doesn’t get cancelled. Worth a shot to finally get this.

Probably not the right topic but since I’m here already, does anyone have any experience with “eco-mix vinyl”? It’s an option for the new Automatic album on Stones Throw. Apparently they use leftover vinyl scraps. I can’t see a reason that would make an inferior record, but Im no expert.
Can also confirm that the couple records I have that are made with eco vinyl sound good.

So when they press viny it comes in tiny colored pellets that are melted down and pressed into vinyl albums. If someone order 500 pink records and they don’t use all those pellets there might be leftover. These eco releases they just use these leftovers to to press the LPs. The word “recycled” freaks people out but it’s not like they are cutting up old record and pressing new albums from the old albums. Some plants in Jamaica actually do fully recycle old 45’s to produce new 45’s but that is not what this. My only experience with the eco “recycled” vinyl is the new Big Thief album and it sounds fine. The colors is a bit blah but it sounds fine.
Not sure that's entirely true. I think "recycled" vinyl refers to when the pressing plant uses the vinyl trim from other pressed records and melt that back down into new pucks to press the album.

From Optimal's recycled vinyl page:

"The PVC granulate is obtained by the shredding of edge trimmings and production returns and is free of paper residues and dirt."

From an interesting article that was posted here lately by @thefsb :
DeepGroove in Europe :“We can recycle any left over excess or mis-presses back into our system.”

Jackpot Records’ reissue of Dr. John “”Gris Gris” — mono AAA, mastered by Kevin Gray, and pressed at RTI — has been repressed in green vinyl.

Shows that retail price for AAA/RTI can still be $20, although it’s priced higher at other shops. I bought it yesterday at Jackpot in Portland for $19.99, and it’s $20 online.

When I think of @Mather's murder dungeon, I don't think he is playing Steely Dan. I think he is playing the MoFi of Foreigner 4. Over. And. Over.

Mather: Listen to that kick drum. It's like he is in the room with us!
A random N&G member: Please for the love of god stop! You have played the intro to Juke Box Hero for 4 hours!

When I think of @Mather's murder dungeon, I don't think he is playing Steely Dan. I think he is playing the MoFi of Foreigner 4. Over. And. Over.

A random N&G member: Please for the love of god stop! You have played the intro to Juke Box Hero for 4 hours!
JukeBox Hero until the sun comes up.

JukeBox Hero until the sun comes up.
Gives new meaning to the lyric "He's got stars in his eyes"

How is this album/pressing? Love the songs and I don’t have any Ben Folds Five on vinyl, so tempted to pick it up.

Back