Restocks/Represses

I have an OG pressing of this one but the boom boom tempts me yet again!
Yeah, I have the black & white custom label. This sucker has been climbing for a few years.

Yeah, I have the black & white custom label. This sucker has been climbing for a few years.
I lied--mine is a 1984 release apparently!

But I bought it for $8 last year at my local in Brooklyn. Was surprised they had it priced so low.

I lied--mine is a 1984 release apparently!

But I bought it for $8 last year at my local in Brooklyn. Was surprised they had it priced so low.
8 bucks is a steal!

Oh my I have the Craft version of that Violent Femmes, logged it into 'cogs as the McMaster version, but I'm gonna have to check my runouts. It does sound very good whatever it is.

Looks like Billy Strings - home is restocked on his site:

They are hard to find now (or at least the ones I wanted, the classics, south of heaven, reign in blood, seasons in the abyss, the live album)

I was shocked when I started looking into Slayer records. I wanted to get South of Heaven for my at-the-time 3-year old but they're mad expensive and difficult to come by.

are represses expected hopefully?
well I can't imagine that kerry king and tom araya want to leave money on the table but those records are on american/def american/def jam and rick rubin has been notoriously totally super lazy about getting anything that isn't johnny cash pressed. note that glenn danzig is not the impediment to getting the first 4 danzig albums on vinyl; he's of the opinion that rick doesn't care about the label and is more into producing. Which, his track record backs that up. It'll happen eventually, but don't hold your breath.

well I can't imagine that kerry king and tom araya want to leave money on the table but those records are on american/def american/def jam and rick rubin has been notoriously totally super lazy about getting anything that isn't johnny cash pressed. note that glenn danzig is not the impediment to getting the first 4 danzig albums on vinyl; he's of the opinion that rick doesn't care about the label and is more into producing. Which, his track record backs that up. It'll happen eventually, but don't hold your breath.
Obligatory Fuck Rick Rubin.

the hack can't even produce well.

Obligatory Fuck Rick Rubin.

the hack can't even produce well.
I think he works with really talented people and then kinda just lets them do their thing on tape. Sometimes the results are magic, you get a revelatory raw and unpolished record. His secret is that he’s kind of a reflecting pool of what an artist brings him. He maximizes greatness but also can’t really polish a turd.

Back