Restocks/Represses

Overseas is already OOS. I hope my backorders go through this time...I placed it back in December but they all still say backordered on my order status...

Dammit! Grabbed the Saxophone Colossus and Burrell Blues...

...so far
Golson is the only one I don't have/haven't backordered from the bunch...and that album is great too...but I told myself I wouldn't buy all the albums from this series...

I got hit with a huge charge too. Interested to see which ones actually go through. I had a really sizeable backorder of all the titles i wanted.
Yeah I’m curious how they do it. There were a few on my order that came back in stock, but not all. The charge wasn’t for the full amount, and one of them was already shipped last month. Guess we’ll see!

Yeah I’m curious how they do it. There were a few on my order that came back in stock, but not all. The charge wasn’t for the full amount, and one of them was already shipped last month. Guess we’ll see!
they usually charge for the ones you are receiving and then do a hold again on the remainder.

So, as someone who did a great job avoiding the MoFi/MD pathway, can anyone catch me up to speed on how orders of awaiting repress items go on MD. Seems like it's charge when fulfilled and that fulfillment can take (looks at watch) 80 years or so right?

(Also unrelated, $400 for Live at Fillmore East holy balls MD)

So, as someone who did a great job avoiding the MoFi/MD pathway, can anyone catch me up to speed on how orders of awaiting repress items go on MD. Seems like it's charge when fulfilled and that fulfillment can take (looks at watch) 80 years or so right?
They charge when shipped. I think you may get a temporary hold when placing the order. No actual timeline for represses. You can wait 2+ years or it may take 1 month depending on the title. The price does lock in though which is nice and it should reserve you a copy. I've seen some titles get repressed and not even hit the MD or MoFi sites because all the represses were spoken for. Someone recently said they got Tigerlily sent to them but it was never back up on the site.

I got hit with 4 separate charges o_O
i'm a bit scared....I have two charges...one is for $269 and another is for $475....guessing that the $475 is a hold since i placed a huge backorder for all the prestige titles I wanted. But also curious how many titles came into stock that I'd be charged $269...I didn't have all the ones from the restock in my backorders.

Looking for a deal on the original press now; Euro Back to Black is a good 33 1/3 rpm version, right?

I think I remember people saying the 320 euro press is good but don't entirely recall. i think that might be the euro back to black?

I've got an original 320 (2001) and it sounds great. I think the Back to Black is a repress of the original done at GZ, so probably will sound good outside of any GZ nonsense.

It's worth noting that the 320 is the previously shelved initial Steve Albini mix, not the album as it was originally issued in 93.

Back