Rega Planar 3 turntable + Rega Exact 2 cartridge = Perfect match???

@NathanRicaud keep your chin up mate!
Get your arm fixed & get an engineer to fit your new cart if you don't feel confident. That's okay but remember to get back on the horse!
Ps I was bricking it for the 90 mins it took me to do mine!🤣🤣
90 minutes isn’t bad for a first time with a non threaded cartridge. Not bad at all.

I won’t tell you how fast I got the Dynavector up and running. 🤣

Sorry Nathan, I've only just seen this.
I found it easier once I'd removed the arm from the plinth. Hope that helps you when doing future changes.
So sorry to hear a wire broke. That was a real fear of mine. I used long nose pliers and was super gentle. I'm sure it's an easy fix to the right person.
I hope you are up and running again soon!
I’m never letting my Dad touch my turntable EVER AGAIN!!! 😂😂🤦‍♂️

The tweasers I used were blunt and I was being too rough so it’s a good lesson learnt from me!

The real lesson for me though is to buy a cartridge where I only have to replace the needle. I’m really gentle as a person, but not so when it comes to handling vinyl etc

I will definitely keep in mind your method though as I can imagine it being much easy to replace your cartridge by removing the arm! Gives you so much more flexibility and precision I’d imagine!

@NathanRicaud keep your chin up mate!
Get your arm fixed & get an engineer to fit your new cart if you don't feel confident. That's okay but remember to get back on the horse!
Ps I was bricking it for the 90 mins it took me to do mine!🤣🤣
I’ve given a few places a call and they were all very busy and I had to wait 2-3 weeks minimum, but one place said I can bring in my turntable tomorrow. They do the rewiring and he said his technician - Andrew - will happily fit my new Rega Exact on and will align the turntable and everything! 😍

I’m taking the day off work tomorrow to bring in my turntable there and to get it all fixed and up and running! I’m so excited and the first record I play is going to be Against All Logic’s 2017-2019 as I just received that record yesterday after the delays with my shipment from Netherlands due to Covid! I absolutely cannot wait to play Aaron Frazer’s new album too and to play some jazz and disco! I’m absolutely craving vinyl and I couldn’t be any happier that I’m going to be getting it fixed tomorrow! I’m so happy and grateful right now! And work was cool with me taking work off tomorrow! 🙌🕺

No... Every turntable has those cables, just that the technics you can replace the headshell which makes it easier and can fix a broken one.

Hug

Patience my friend, you will be rewarded in the end once you for example take it to the dealer or something else.. I don't want you to leave the community like this, maybe that's just something you find hard
This comment absolutely filled me up with joy Dukey when I read it! You put the biggest smile on my face yesterday and I was thinking about how much I love you as a person whilst working today!

I’m definitely not leaving the community because I love you and everyone else on here! I was just acting like baby when the wire broke, acting like a victim...but who has time for that! 🙅‍♂️😜

90 minutes isn’t bad for a first time with a non threaded cartridge. Not bad at all.

I won’t tell you how fast I got the Dynavector up and running. 🤣
I saw that on the MoFi studio deck thread and oh my freaking goodness, I cannot wait to come over to your house in 5-10 years time HiFi Guy!!! 😍😍😍

I can’t wait to fall in love with you, your expertise and vinyl system! 😁

i love how you always invite yourself to people on here
I don’t even realise but anyone on here can always stay over at mine! But I definitely know I would be seeing HiFi Guy and would be visiting his place if I ever go to Orlando! I can imagine myself going to Florida in the future because I really want to go to Miami, and I would be more than happy to go to Orlando just to visit HiFi Guy and hang out with him and listen to his setup! He’s the audiophile God! Like, I really want to meet him! 🤗

I’ve given a few places a call and they were all very busy and I had to wait 2-3 weeks minimum, but one place said I can bring in my turntable tomorrow. They do the rewiring and he said his technician - Andrew - will happily fit my new Rega Exact on and will align the turntable and everything! 😍

I’m taking the day off work tomorrow to bring in my turntable there and to get it all fixed and up and running! I’m so excited and the first record I play is going to be Against All Logic’s 2017-2019 as I just received that record yesterday after the delays with my shipment from Netherlands due to Covid! I absolutely cannot wait to play Aaron Frazer’s new album too and to play some jazz and disco! I’m absolutely craving vinyl and I couldn’t be any happier that I’m going to be getting it fixed tomorrow! I’m so happy and grateful right now! And work was cool with me taking work off tomorrow! 🙌🕺
Happy Days mate!
Was listening to it on Spotify last night.
Reminds me of Smokey so much! Order going in to Rough trade today!!😁

I’ve had 4 on it now- 3 Grados and the Dynavector. I bailed on the Soundsmith. I have a real problem spending big money on expendable items.
Just the 4 on it then in 2 years🤣🤣
Do you have a pinch point for a cart? I mean the AT33PTG cart cost me just shy of £500 and I'm not sure I'd go beyond that for a £600 TT. Not sure it would make sense to me. What's your opinion of money for cart vs TT cost?

Just the 4 on it then in 2 years🤣🤣
Do you have a pinch point for a cart? I mean the AT33PTG cart cost me just shy of £500 and I'm not sure I'd go beyond that for a £600 TT. Not sure it would make sense to me. What's your opinion of money for cart vs TT cost?
I’ve had my Ultradeck for almost 3 1/2 years- I was an early adopter.

I paid just under $600 for the Dynavector. It came down to the fact that I’ve owned 3 MC cartridge brands that I’ve really liked- A/T (50% liked) Dynavector (100%) and Denon (100%) It’s been a long time since I’ve had a Dynavector (I’ve had 2) so I went for it. I decided to play it safe and go with what I know.

Regas are funny things- you can go higher in regards to cartridges than say a Pro-Ject because Rega arms are so good in comparison to others. I’d have no problem putting a $750 cartridge on a P3 (many say the Dynavector is the perfect cartridge for the P3) where I wouldn’t on other brands.

I wouldn’t spend more on the cartridge than the turntable- and probably more like 75% of the turntable.

Your new A/T is also a great match to your arm.

I’ve had my Ultradeck for almost 3 1/2 years- I was an early adopter.

I paid just under $600 for the Dynavector. It came down to the fact that I’ve owned 3 MC cartridge brands that I’ve really liked- A/T (50% liked) Dynavector (100%) and Denon (100%) It’s been a long time since I’ve had a Dynavector (I’ve had 2) so I went for it. I decided to play it safe and go with what I know.

Regas are funny things- you can go higher in regards to cartridges than say a Pro-Ject because Rega arms are so good in comparison to others. I’d have no problem putting a $750 cartridge on a P3 (many say the Dynavector is the perfect cartridge for the P3) where I wouldn’t on other brands.

I wouldn’t spend more on the cartridge than the turntable- and probably more like 75% of the turntable.

Your new A/T is also a great match to your arm.
Wow, has it been that long for you & the Ultradeck.
I would agree with similar numbers to the cart/TT number. Makes sense.
Even though I only got 3 to 4 hours into mine, I really loved what I could hear. Very excited to double check alignment with the geodisc and put some more records spun!

Regas are funny things- you can go higher in regards to cartridges than say a Pro-Ject because Rega arms are so good in comparison to others. I’d have no problem putting a $750 cartridge on a P3 (many say the Dynavector is the perfect cartridge for the P3) where I wouldn’t on othe
I mean that's probably one of the reason everyone recommends the p3 as the great choice from 900 to 1500 or so.. because in 2022 I probably will do a rega or mofi with a mid tier MC cartridge. The issue though is rega has no VTA work and if you get the spacer the dust cover (which I shamelessly always have on) won't fit at all

I mean that's probably one of the reason everyone recommends the p3 as the great choice from 900 to 1500 or so.. because in 2022 I probably will do a rega or mofi with a mid tier MC cartridge. The issue though is rega has no VTA work and if you get the spacer the dust cover (which I shamelessly always have on) won't fit at all

That’s a lot of money for a p3, that’s p6 money

As @Joe Mac said, the P3 is a lousy value proposition in the US. And as you said, the arm has no adjustments to allow one to get the mist of their cartridge. Add a spacer or VTA height adjuster- that’s it. No azimuth is possible save for wedging a bit of card stock between the cartridge and headshell. I’d not recommend a Rega for a US buyer. In the UK, at least they cost what they should for what they are.

Back