Red/Orpheus/Waffles/Ex What.CD Communities

Yeh but the second you lot put it out it wouldve mainly been on these P2Ps

That's definitely true. And then blogs after that. Was never really a fan of most of those because not a lot of people contributed. At least in the scene, most people did their thing.

That's definitely true. And then blogs after that. Was never really a fan of most of those because not a lot of people contributed. At least in the scene, most people did their thing.

I cant even remember that old 90s scene (rippers) But I think almost everything back then had tags unless someone removed them lol

So my library was all tagged by scene rips

I cant even remember that old 90s scene (rippers) But I think almost everything back then had tags unless someone removed them lol

So my library was all tagged by scene rips

I think they usually just renamed the file but left all the ID3 tags the same. All I remember is a website called Cipherdivine that posted a lot of our rips and getting us in some trouble. Was not a fan.

Remember Audiogalaxy?
That was great.

Oink was awesome.

I used Dime A Dozen, big fan of live and unreleased stuff. Used to be a taper and mail-trader in the 80s and 90s. It took a lot of time and work!

Oink was awesome
Oink was amazing, What.cd was a step down but still great. Apollo/Orpheus has been sufficient is the best you can say. After going dark for about half a year they have not been able to get back a lot of the material they used to have. Where Oink was great for obscure stuff, like cd singles and the likes from the 90s, Orpheus still struggles in my opinion.

Though unless it is something that I want a more audiophile version of, I typically use Apple Music to stream if I am not listening to vinyl.

I missed out on oink.
Went straight to what.cd.
The database was apparently saved but without the seeders its not much use.

had to leave red because its basically impossible for me to seed and all my CDs (the very small collection i had) was already uploaded.. so i had to go with slsk instead... meanwhile being scared i'll get arrested for using it.. i just put in a few FLACs of game soundtracks and more obscure acts i know.. so i hope it ends up good..

i only think i'll get arrested for SLSK because i heard that people were arrested for using it on the verge once

Old timer here so used to use about everything and ofc miss what.cd the most. Currently on Orpheus, physical releases and a few streaming sites.

Back