Red/Orpheus/Waffles/Ex What.CD Communities

I've found the best way to get ratio up in a pinch is to just go to Bandcamp, find any random free release from this year, and upload it to Red if it hasn't been uploaded yet. There are a handful of auto-snatchers that download any album from the current year so it's an easy way to get at least 100 MBs or so. A couple grueling weeks of that is how I clawed my way up to Elite TM :p
My strategy involved filling requests.
i do have some bandcamp frees and one nah compilation LP i could request.. i just dunno how to make a request and all this stuff about buffer bounty and stuff

plus it feels wrong to put free stuff on a site like that

i do have some bandcamp frees and one nah compilation LP i could request.. i just dunno how to make a request and all this stuff about buffer bounty and stuff

plus it feels wrong to put free stuff on a site like that
Firstly, one of RED’s missions is archival. If the band freebie goes down RED still has it.
Secondly, you get ratio by filling requests not making them. Generally you want to list the requests and find something of substantial buffer you can fill by purchasing from bandcamp or beatport or what have you. Depending on the request you should expect to spend an average of $1 per GB of request bounty but a savvy searcher can easily halve that or better.
At any rate, you can get quite a number of free leech tokens by doing basic things like making a forum post, snatching, or making one upload. Just go to your profile and click the badge link to see your options.
A wise use of tokens can net a ton of buffer by getting and seeding popular torrents early. Also seed everything you download. But outside of request fills, uploading content is the way to go.

SLSK is where quality goes to die.

Poorly organized low quality files on a service mostly built on leeching instead of open sharing.
SLSK is terrible when compared to any high grade private music site.
I only use SLSK if im tracking down low quality underground rips.. the kinda music that probably 50 people in the world even know about lol

i always felt unsure about using SLSK... everyone keeps saying to me "just use soulseek" but all i can think is "i've heard horror stories about kazaa and limewire, soulseek must be bad". especially when i could be given mislabled low quality songs and viruses

i always felt unsure about using SLSK... everyone keeps saying to me "just use soulseek" but all i can think is "i've heard horror stories about kazaa and limewire, soulseek must be bad". especially when i could be given mislabled low quality songs and viruses
Viruses are extremely unlikely unless you are a bonehead. Music is not and should not be executable. Low quality music on the other hand, well, hehe, yeah...

I'd like to get onto Red or Soulseek, but I'm on Orpheus now trying to make the best of it. I recently purchased a cassette tape to digital converter so im gunna put some stuff up that hopefully gets me a better ratio. I used to be at like 4.1 over on What, it's a bummer having to rebuild all of that.

At one point, many moons ago.. I was involved in the actual mp3 release scene that pre-dates all these services yall are talking about. You ever see those weird letters after a release like -RNS, -APC, -CMS, etc, et.. Those guys. We had everything. So like.. AMA?

At one point, many moons ago.. I was involved in the actual mp3 release scene that pre-dates all these services yall are talking about. You ever see those weird letters after a release like -RNS, -APC, -CMS, etc, et.. Those guys. We had everything. So like.. AMA?

You was a scene ripper?

We talking Winmx days or earlier then that?

You was a scene ripper?

We talking Winmx days or earlier then that?

I'm not entirely sure what Winmx is but yeah and I started the biggest hip-hop / underground hip-hop group that apparently still exists today. The group I started had it's first 'release' on September 1st, 1998. Goddamn I'm old.

I'm not entirely sure what Winmx is but yeah and I started the biggest hip-hop / underground hip-hop group that apparently still exists today. The group I started had it's first 'release' on September 1st, 1998. Goddamn I'm old.

I think WINMX was 1999

So just after it. I cant even remember what was before winmx tbh that DC program? think it was DC+. It still exists today but only on the backs of the more committed lol

Torrents/Private file hosting are more common these days then the old standard P2P.

Winmx is basically a better soulseek before it got pulled (it rebooted but I havent went back).

I remember sitting in the 2pac room/three 6 mafia room & juggalo room lol

2pac was basically just a hub for all west coast and associated music.
Three 6 was all the memphis scene and associated.
Juggalo was all the horrorcore/detroit/memphis and associated.

Got a nice mix of music through those rooms lol

Back