Record Store Day 2024

I thought the same thing too, I didn't realize that Death Cab was still that popular. I guess Death Cab got a bunch of younger Instagram influencers these days. I'm old enough to remember the Death and Dismemberment tour.
People who listened to death cab have kids now. Everybody at the show I went to was 40 and up. If you were 30 when it came out you’re 50 now.

I wish they wouldn’t do that either, but given all of my prior experiences I don’t treat “exclusive” as a legally binding contract.
i don't either but sometimes i will use that RSD exclusive as a priority list for stuff i wanna grab. i wouldnt have wasted a buncha time trying to find death cab for example if i knew it was going to be repressed,

I’m kinda torn on it. Glad more people can get it. But don’t list it as a RSD exclusive then.
It really doesn't make sense to list anything as an RSD exclusive anymore. Especially if the artist wants to press more copies. I could see them having RSD exclusive colorways.

RSD First used to mean a pressing was coming a few months after the initial, or in some cases just a standard black. But now it feels like a blanket statement for "we'll get to another pressing at some point -- could be tomorrow, could be in 2049."

RSD First used to mean a pressing was coming a few months after the initial, or in some cases just a standard black. But now it feels like a blanket statement for "we'll get to another pressing at some point -- could be tomorrow, could be in 2049."
Or format. I almost passed on The National - Boxer Live In Brussels because it was listed as a RSD First release and it was released a few months later… on CD. I don’t think it’s ever been repressed on wax since that initial RSD pressing.

It really doesn't make sense to list anything as an RSD exclusive anymore. Especially if the artist wants to press more copies. I could see them having RSD exclusive colorways.

yep and on the flip side, RSD exclusives seem to get repressed a lot lately.

Or format. I almost passed on The National - Boxer Live In Brussels because it was listed as a RSD First release and it was released a few months later… on CD. I don’t think it’s ever been repressed on wax since that initial RSD pressing.
Yeah that was a big miss for me. I've had it in my wantlist ever since, never to be seen below $100

yep and on the flip side, RSD exclusives seem to get repressed a lot lately.
It’s like the discussion with VMP. They should just not make artist or labels commit either way. Make all releases “exclusive” in color and “Firsts” should only be listed as such if there is a wide release planned prior to the RSD announcement.

Only cd! I’m glad I still have mine but wow!!

Back