Record Store Day 2024

Really enjoyed RSD this year. In part, it was the in-person experience at my local. But a large part was the camaraderie on N&G. And the list was really diverse this year too. I now know about a couple of artists I had never heard of previously.

Now I wait for the first store to do a 50% off remaining titles list. Please tag me if you see such a sale. Some of those jazz titles (notice there's been very little discussion of them this year) will be much more attractive at 1/2 price.

Last edited:
This was actually the first RSD in a couple of years that I stood out and waited instead of strolling into the store later in the day. Partly due to my son not playing tee ball this spring. I didn't get to snap a picture but grabbed...

U2 - Atomic City (this song has actually grown on me *ducks*)
Pearl Jam - Dark Matter (Yellow and Black Ghostly, the Regional was gone by the time I got in)
Fleet Foxes - Live on Boston Harbor
Super Furry Animals - Fuzzy Logic B-Sides and Besides

I'll have to keep in mind if there's any in demand indie type releases to check in with you all next year. The crowd at my store definitely leans more classic rock. My store had 1 Fleet Foxes and I was about 20th in line and got it.

I haven't totally been keeping up. Why is the Death Cab one so hard to find? I feel like everyone's very lukewarm on anything Death Cab since 2005, but if they put out a live album on RSD they're the most popular band in the world.
only something like 2500 copies. they have also been touring a 20th anniversary of Transatlanticism with Postal Service. They sold out a buncha nights at MSG and other big venues.

pretty good setlist on the vinyl too.

My investment!!!!

giphy.gif

I haven't totally been keeping up. Why is the Death Cab one so hard to find? I feel like everyone's very lukewarm on anything Death Cab since 2005, but if they put out a live album on RSD they're the most popular band in the world.

I thought the same thing too, I didn't realize that Death Cab was still that popular. I guess Death Cab got a bunch of younger Instagram influencers these days. I'm old enough to remember the Death and Dismemberment tour.

Another reason I wanted the Death Cab was because as far as I know there aren't any live records from them, and I have wanted one for awhile.

Speaking of, the John Byrd EP needs to be pressed as well. I remember ordering that on CD from Barsuk back in the day. They did have the live 2012 record with Magik Magik Orchestra.

Last edited:
Back