Record Store Day 2024

So I was away this weekend and missed in it Dublin but wandering around Cardiff later in the day picked up Bloc Party and Kirsty MacColll which i then left in the hotel when having to leave at 5.30am probably still drunk…

…thankfully my brother was still in the room and brought them with him but that means I won’t get either until whenever someone is coming over 🤦🏻

Anyone thinking of getting the U2 10 inch for the remix on the b side

Don’t

It’s truly awful and has somehow managed to make a 💩 song even 💩 er

I nearly crashed my car trying to turn it off
The song is awful, as is the remix. I felt obligated to buy it only because I have every RSD/BFRSD release they've ever put out (some are still sealed) and we saw two shows in Vegas, and the graphics during it were phenomenal. Listened to it on Sat and filed it away, probably to never be spun again.

The song is awful, as is the remix. I felt obligated to buy it only because I have every RSD/BFRSD release they've ever put out (some are still sealed) and we saw two shows in Vegas, and the graphics during it were phenomenal. Listened to it on Sat and filed it away, probably to never be spun again.
I almost had to apologise for buying it on my video … the best thing about it is the polylined inner sleeve !

I grabbed one of the variants of the new Taylor Swift album from Aomeba and it came with this little note.

View attachment 200952
View attachment 200953
The mom of a girl two behind me in line, went into the store to buy a copy of it as they were giving out friendship bracelets (and that note) with purchase. PREX only had the white variant left at the time, so the mom apologized to the daughter, saying "I know you have this one already, but it's the only variant left and the only way to get a bracelet" I laughed quietly, knowing full well I have done the same in the past.

Mom was also on the phone to another record store asking about Olivia while in line as it looked likely that they would run out by the time we got to the merch. Yes, I've done that, too.

Back