Record Store Day 2024

Like I said, some exceptions, but you'd usually see stuff go up on discogs immediately and sell for 2x what it was listed for. Even for high demand stuff like the Evans mono, the average prices are pretty close to retail.

Eh, there's a bunch that are still reseller heaven right now. I'm tracking Laufey (4x) and Gandalf (2x). Fleet Foxes, Young Thug, David Byrne/Paramore, South Park, Rodrigo/Kahan, Chappell Roan, Maisie Peters, Death Cab, Sabrina Carpenter, Remi Wolf are all selling well above retail.

Though I think your larger point is still valid - most of those are because the record was just underpressed to demand, not that people are successfully re-selling items that are readily available. I also think that some of those will be repressed for general consumption.

Last edited:
Eh, there's a bunch that are still reseller heaven right now. I'm tracking Laufey (4x) and Gandalf (2x). Fleet Foxes, Young Thug, David Byrne/Paramore, South Park, Rodrigo/Kahan, Chappell Roan, Maisie Peters, Death Cab, Sabrina Carpenter, Remi Wolf are all selling well above retail.

Though I think your larger point is still valid - most of those are because the record was just underpressed to demand, not that people are successfully re-selling items that are readily available. I also think that some of those will be repressed for general consumption.

Agree. Seems like the pressing #s were pretty low on a # of titles overall. In truth, my main problem is lack of access to a large store with large RSD stock combined with a general dislike for crowded shopping experiences. :).

My name is off the Laufey list (my gf found a copy at a small bookstore that does RSD of all things), but others had mentioned her. If you do see a copy of Gandalf S/T I'd love to get that for a friend
IMG_4221.jpeg
IMG_4222.jpeg
If you don’t mind waiting a few months chances are good both these will be much more affordable here shortly.

Well since on-line is my Record Store in flyover country I did good thus AM. Got 6 titles.

Missing the two rare ones if anyone has a goto:

Dolores O'Riordan - Are You Listening? (Knew it would be tough)

And

Jiro Inagaki - In The Groove [White Vinyl] (Didn’t know this existed until I streamed it. Nice but rare)

And I would have grabbed Tesla if it would have popped up when I went back.

But I did get:

The Cranberries - Bury The Hatchet

Grateful Dead - Nightfall of Diamonds

Kristin Hersh - Hips and Makers

The Rolling Stones - Live at Racket NYC

Talking Heads - Live at WCOZ 77

Mal Waldron & Steve Lacy - The Mighty Warrior: Live In Antwerp

Mainly went for Classic Rock this time.

There is also a standard version

Well since on-line is my Record Store in flyover country I did good thus AM. Got 6 titles.

Missing the two rare ones if anyone has a goto:

Dolores O'Riordan - Are You Listening? (Knew it would be tough)

And

Jiro Inagaki - In The Groove [White Vinyl] (Didn’t know this existed until I streamed it. Nice but rare)

And I would have grabbed Tesla if it would have popped up when I went back.

But I did get:

The Cranberries - Bury The Hatchet

Grateful Dead - Nightfall of Diamonds

Kristin Hersh - Hips and Makers

The Rolling Stones - Live at Racket NYC

Talking Heads - Live at WCOZ 77

Mal Waldron & Steve Lacy - The Mighty Warrior: Live In Antwerp

Mainly went for Classic Rock this time.
Dusty Groove has the Jiro

Back