Record Store Day 2024

This is on the UK List but not on the US list. Great record and my favorite of hers.

CGzB4orZcjXG2Sft3f-xrkkFzjZNIIZqz6y2Lv2MZ9I
This would be on my list too.

Classic case of run through the list once and find nothing interesting, then listen to you all, plus doing some listening on my own and end up with this:

Blessid Union
Duncan Sheik
Sponge
Cranberries
Dolores Solo
Filter best of
Sonic Youth
Paramore
Petey
Joe P
Devin Dude
Royal Flush
SRC
Neil Young
Bowie star man

Well, it is a clearinghouse for RSD branded items from Indie Exclusives to leftover RSD stock. Only brick and mortar stores can participate. I'm mixed on whether its good idea to source that inventory in one place or if its a solution looking for a problem.

I say this because the initial sites that were open to sign up for it all run their own websites.. Conceivably with this inventory up for sale. Therefore they didnt need another site that is redundant to what they were doing. Flipside, if you didnt google search and find it already then the RSD brand may bring you to this site and introduce you to a store you didnt know.

They opened a few months before holiday and then abruptly did almost zero marketing for it.

One good thing about it, there are rules to the amount the stores can charge (just like when they sell anywhere else by the way), so you wont be gouged. Does that become a negative for these stores or is this the merch they cant sell at full price anyway?

Edit: Also, the sites now have to compete with all other stores for the lowest price, further eroding their markup.

Last edited:
This Chris Isaak release sounds pretty great. Might have to add it to my list (though I'm stilling holding out hope for Baja Sessions getting a vinyl release someday)

Last edited:
Finally took a look at the list - and like every time lately, nothing jumps out as a must have.

It really sucks they are releasing a "deluxe" version of Lost In Translation 5 years after the first RSD release - and only 2 years since they released the repress of the RSD release.

Back