Record Store Day 2023

I always have a list of alternative…. There was only ever one that I WANTED. This year I am just whatever
There are just two that I really want, the Pearl Jam and Soul Asylum. I want The Cure, but I really really hate Pic Discs. I also want the U2 as I've been a semi completist over the years and feel I should get that, but I do think that will be gettable later. I'd def buy the Blur if it was there and I usually pick up the Jerry and Dead box sets.

If there were no insane lines, I'd spend a lot more as I tend to be somewhat of an impulse buyer on RSD. But, I can't and won't queue overnight so if I get anything, great. If I don't, oh well, I have too many fecking records as it is :LOL:

My final list

Definitely These:
Grateful Dead - Boston Garden, Boston, MA 5/7/77 (Live) $124.99

Medeski, Martin & Wood - It's A Jungle In Here (30th Anniversary Edition) $36.99

Jerry Harrison - The Red and The Black $34.99

Scott Weiland - 12 Bar Blues $34.99

Jonathan Richman - Jonathan Goes Country $28.99

Maybe these if I can’t get one of the others for some reason:

Pearl Jam - Give Way
$44.99

New Riders of The Purple Sage - Lyceum ‘72
$59.99
I think I will be able to get both these cheaper in about 6 months if aI decide I really need em.

Macho Man is the wild card. My local only got one copy but if it doesn’t manage to get scooped up prior ai will grab it.

Thank you for the heads up on this. It’s so frustrating to track all these down for my fella.
They’re usually pretty available on and right after RSD but then they disappear and get expensive. Signed, someone who got to that party too late himself.

Also a lot of stores just got the last one (“Omnibus”) back in stock last week if you/he doesn’t have that.

I've decided that I maybe don't need the Boston Garden live show 5lp set.

Can someone talk me out of the Bill Evans 3 LP set next? Bullmoose has it for $65 which isn't bad. and the three singles on spotify from it are nice.

Also wanting the live Pixies album and the Soul Jazz presents the Holy Church of the Ecstatic Soul.

Thinking about the Rolling Stones Beggar's Banquet since I dont' have it and it's not an awful price, and the Jazz dispensary one which looks really pretty and sounds pretty cool but didn't really grab me as something I'd reach for.

Got my list. I’ll get there an hour to ninety minutes early, depending when I can actually get moving. It’s gonna be 30°F at open, so I don’t expect a lot of overnighters - but forget TSwift fabs - PJ fans are the real psychos, so maybe.
I truly believe that the Swifties are more psycho than the Pearl Jam fans -> speaking as an old PJ fan

ugh....every RSD I have to remember which online stores I buy from.

I haven't really looked at the list in a while, but the only think I do remember is the SUNN/BORIS release - because my brother texted me out of the blue asking if I could pick him up a copy, too.

Okay, I think I finally have my (not so) short-list:

Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 01.17.51.png

If anyone can convince me out of buying so much stuff I'd be very grateful 🙃

My final list

Definitely These:
Grateful Dead - Boston Garden, Boston, MA 5/7/77 (Live) $124.99

Medeski, Martin & Wood - It's A Jungle In Here (30th Anniversary Edition) $36.99

Jerry Harrison - The Red and The Black $34.99

Scott Weiland - 12 Bar Blues $34.99

Jonathan Richman - Jonathan Goes Country $28.99

Maybe these if I can’t get one of the others for some reason:

Pearl Jam - Give Way
$44.99

New Riders of The Purple Sage - Lyceum ‘72
$59.99
I think I will be able to get both these cheaper in about 6 months if aI decide I really need em.

Macho Man is the wild card. My local only got one copy but if it doesn’t manage to get scooped up prior ai will grab it.
Apparently every store in the country only got one Macho Man. Grimey’s said in its newsletter that it’s being repressed later in the year so never fear Macho Man fans. Snap into a Slim Jim.

They’re usually pretty available on and right after RSD but then they disappear and get expensive. Signed, someone who got to that party too late himself.

Also a lot of stores just got the last one (“Omnibus”) back in stock last week if you/he doesn’t have that.
Luckily I preordered the Omnibus from LITA months ago and it arrived recently.

I’ve had luck the last couple RSD being able to get them on the Sundays but ugh. Why must they RSD this title? It’s easy for me to keep up on the LITA distribution ones but ugh.

I've decided that I maybe don't need the Boston Garden live show 5lp set.
Yeah, I ordered Cornell 77; it should be here next week, and I was gonna say that was good enough but then I listened to the Boston show and decided I wanted that “Peggy-o” and “Terrapin Station” that slowed down “Friend of The Devil” is tight too.

Back