Record Store Day 2023

Is there a "I'm-a- Vinyl-collector-nerd-but-there-is-no-fucking-way-I'm-getting-up-at-4am-to-stand-in-line-becase-a-bunch-of-Taylor-Swift-fans-who-just-want-to-talk-about-her-obligitory-break-up-are-going-to-descend-on-RSD-to-make-it-a-hellscape-of-unrivlaled-purportions-help-thread?"
I would have not flown by that thread if I saw it

Same, I’d like to petition for a thread name change.

Is there a "I'm-a- Vinyl-collector-nerd-but-there-is-no-fucking-way-I'm-getting-up-at-4am-to-stand-in-line-becase-a-bunch-of-Taylor-Swift-fans-who-just-want-to-talk-about-her-obligitory-break-up-are-going-to-descend-on-RSD-to-make-it-a-hellscape-of-unrivlaled-purportions-help-thread?"

Your wish is my command. I almost went with the "Zoolander's Record Store Day Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good" but that felt meaner than I liked when I typed it out.

Just back from Princeton where I did some recon. They have in 100 T Swift records, but much smaller numbers of the stuff I want. I fear that if I show up between 5-6am like I normally do for a 10am opening, I'll be well over 100th in line. Not sure it's worth the hassle to try to get one of the 30 Pearl Jam's they have. They only got in 2 Soul Asylum, and I said I'd try to help a friend who is currently traveling abroad with the Van Halen set - only 4 in.

Might be an online RSD for me.

Everybody think Taylor, Isbell, Shires and Kiah will be easy to pick up online?
I feel like the price + qty makes Taylor pretty likely. Isbell could go either way, but I bet it goes fast once it’s online. Shires is anyone’s guess but I bet with some hunting that one pops up online. Kiah? Not even a guess.

Lol this is one of my locals. They get an insane amount of RSD shit

Never been there but ordered a ton of stuff from them online over the years. Lots of signed stuff and a bunch of their exclusives. Doubt those make it online unfortunately.
I debated trying to get the wife to drive out there tonight since St. Paul and the Broken Bones are playing there for RSD too, but she doesn't like going to Alabama, lol

Everybody think Taylor, Isbell, Shires and Kiah will be easy to pick up online?

I feel like the Isbell and Shires should be easy. Isbell/Shires has a huge print run for the artists they are and Shires isn't a huge name for the print run. Taylor is such a massive who knows - every store seems to have huge quantities but even if you believe 75k US copies, she sells more than that of her normal records. I feel like it'll be a bit like a Billie Eilish from a few years back - available on RSD and shortly after but quickly disappears. I hope. I also think every scalper out there for RSD is going to pick up one no matter what which will hasten the issue.

Amythyst Kiah, it feels like it should be easy to pick up online but it feels like places are getting a bit less than I thought they would (Plaid Room got 10, other stores got one or two). I think you'll be able to find it but that's a harder prediction.

I debated trying to get the wife to drive out there tonight since St. Paul and the Broken Bones are playing there for RSD too, but she doesn't like going to Alabama, lol

lol are you serious? Birmingham is just mini Atlanta. it's like 90 min away and let me tell you the selection and line at Seasick is going to be far more favorable than at Criminal or Wuxtry.

and we have St. Paul succ me A Town

Did anyone notice any releases from "Iron Mountain Analogue Research"? They do the hillbillies in hell series and a few others. Can't seem to find anything for this year.

Edit: Found it. It's a EU/UK exclusive. It will probably show up somewhere though.
Thank you for the heads up on this. It’s so frustrating to track all these down for my fella.

Back