Record Store Day 2023

I don’t judge of course! I would butcher names too
Yeah there are a lot of weird band names - it’s just that this video is so long that I was hoping that I could just turn it on and listen to it in the background and only really watch when I recognized the name of the band, and that gets tricky when the name of the band gets mangled haha.

“lakhona koyle” haha

EDIT:
also "Amanda Shrines" and "Holly Church of the Ecstatic Soul"

Last edited:
Yeah there are a lot of weird band names - it’s just that this video is so long that I was hoping that I could just turn it on and listen to it in the background and only really watch when I recognized the name of the band, and that gets tricky when the name of the band gets mangled haha.

“lakhona koyle” haha
Totally got yah!
Can’t wait for any unboxing videos he does though

I'm stressing about the Poe release. All the 90s stuff in this year's batch has me super excited.

There should be enough Scott Weiland to go around. Verve Pipe will probably be repressed by Wargod within a couple months.
3000 Soul Asylum sounds like enough for everyone that wants one...Tori Amos, Blur and Pearl Jam all have huge print runs.

Just that damn Poe 1600 print run that I'm worried about.

(And I would have spent $40-50 on the Billy Joel live set until I realized this week that it's the same set from the Vol 1 box set).

My local is a smaller store so no idea what they'll have besides t-swift and Isbell. My list is

For sure: Isbell, Black Keys, Archie Shepp (doubt they'll have either), Billy Joel

Maybe: Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, Sigur Ros.

Pearl Jam and the Stones will probably be too expensive.

I doubt I need to get there as early as I will but I enjoy being early and reading a book.

I think I'm sitting out RSD for the first time in a decade. My buddy that always joins me has a new job and has to work. We'd usually hit three or four shops all over the metro area, and a couple breweries. It just wouldn't be the same alone. Hopefully I'll find the titles I want online...but there's no absolute must-haves for me anyway.

I'm going to be out of town this weekend so my RSD chances pretty slim. If anyone would be able to help me secure a copy of the The 1975 - Live With The BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, I would be most gracious! That is the only one on my list that seems like its limited enough to not be able to pick up later.

I'm going to be out of town this weekend so my RSD chances pretty slim. If anyone would be able to help me secure a copy of the The 1975 - Live With The BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, I would be most gracious! That is the only one on my list that seems like its limited enough to not be able to pick up later.
You'll have better luck posting in this thread:

A little pre-RSD drop for those that need listening station decor. On sale tomorrow at 11 CDT.

Peanuts_PM053_large_2_1024x1024.jpg
Peanuts_PM052_large_1_1024x1024.jpg
Peaunuts_PM.051_large_1_1024x1024.jpg

(I am a little conflicted on if I want to buy one of these with the recent MONDO/Funko drama, tho)

A little pre-RSD drop for those that need listening station decor. On sale tomorrow at 11 CDT.

Peanuts_PM053_large_2_1024x1024.jpg
Peanuts_PM052_large_1_1024x1024.jpg
Peaunuts_PM.051_large_1_1024x1024.jpg

(I am a little conflicted on if I want to buy one of these with the recent MONDO/Funko drama, tho)
I love the middle one but after funko fired everyone I don't see myself buying any mondo posters. In the article it mentioned that Rob Jones was the giant Peanuts fan pushing for more by them. So this seems like a slap in the face to him.

Back